Do you want to work in a brand-new acute Mental Health service that’s opening February 2024, where you will be an integral part of shaping the care pathways and being part of building the culture alongside the senior leadership team?
If you are a Lead Consultant Psychiatrist with experience of working with people in inpatient settings who may be treated under the Mental Health Act and are interested in providing treatment for women and men who may have suffered trauma and are affected by mental disorders then join the new team at Oaktree Manor.
You will be responsible for overall clinical leadership of the medical team at Oak Tree Manor which will include development of clinical pathways, clinical governance and provision of high quality clinical supervision.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for a caseload in accordance with NICE guidelines
- Lead the multidisciplinary teams in providing holistic care for patients and provide support to their colleagues
- Lead the Care Programme Approach process, provide medical reports and endorse the minutes of CPA meeting.
- Liaise and collaborate with external care coordinators and commissioners
- Work with the GP and practice nurse to ensure all patients receive high quality care for physical health and wellbeing
- Undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients
- Support the Hospital Director with leading in-service and business planning activities for the locality and the whole service
- Participating in annual appraisal for Consultants.
- Attend and participate in Elysium’s academic programme, including lectures and seminars as part of the internal CPD programme.
- Joint lead managers and professional colleagues to ensure the efficient running of services
You will also be required to take part in the On Call Consultant rota.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to:
- Be medically qualified, MRC Psych or equivalent
- Be innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- Have essential understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Have substantial knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary issues in mental health, knowledge of and experience in purchaser/provider contractual issues
- Have previous Consultant experience in a management role
What you will get
- Annual salary of £160,000
- Car allowance
- The equivalent of 30 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and on-site parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working as an employee of Elysium Healthcare, which is an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.