Specialist Trust Registrar in Neurology-Ealing
This post will be based in the Neurology department at Ealing Hospital.
We wish to appoint a candidate who is planning to develop a career in neurology, and we have a track record of supporting candidates to obtain ST3 posts in Neurology.
Main duties of the job
The candidate must have completed core medical training (or equivalent) and obtained MRCP by the time of application. Although prior neurology experience is not a prerequisite, preference will be given to those who can show evidence of commitment to the speciality.
The post will be for 12 months.The post does not have a compulsory on-call commitment. Appointment will be made under Local Contractual Terms and Conditions of Service for Trust Appointed (Non-Training Fellow Doctors and Dentists) which will be published and available at time of offers.Grades for Trust appointed (non-training) Fellows will be paid a basic salary at a nodal pay point linked to the grade, at the rate set out in the National Medical and Dental pay circular. Basic salary detailed below plus any additional remuneration (as applicable) for hours set out in the doctors work schedule (e.g. additional hours, weekend allowance, and any hours which attract enhanced pay).
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
The post will be based primarily at Ealing working in parallel with an IMT3 but the candidate will be expected to cover at Northwick park Hospital, when required. The successful candidate will be expected to devote the whole of their time to the Neurology service without any on-call duties, although weekend shifts in general medicine/stroke may be available if the successful candidate wishes.
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification
- MMBS or equivalent
- Basic life Support
- Advanced Life Support
- MRCP or Equivalent
Knowledge and Expertise
- Near completion of Core Medical Training or equivalent
- Ability to take day to day responsibility for review of patients under consultant supervision
- Clinical experience in neurology
- Clinical experience in stroke
- Completion of Core Medical Training or equivalent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.