This is an exciting opportunity to join the dynamic Palliative Care teams at Frimley Park Hospital (FPH) and Phyllis Tuckwell (PT) community service as a substantive Consultant.
The vision for this new post is to creatively expand Palliative Medicine provision at Frimley Park Hospital and Phyllis Tuckwell community service. Both organisations have a longstanding and effective partnership in clinical care, joint initiatives, and cross-site posts.
The job is part-time and comprises of 8 Programmed Activities (6 at Frimley Park Hospital and 2 at Phyllis Tuckwell - in the community team). Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust is the lead employer for this post and Frimley Park Hospital is the main base.Main duties of the job
The appointee will provide consultant input on the FPH site and for the community team at PT and will be expected to actively contribute to audit and service development as well as to training and supervision of the junior doctors and medical students. There will be ample opportunities to develop special palliative care interests due to the presence of several tertiary referral centres at FPH and new service development initiatives at PT.
The post holder will join the team of 3 other palliative consultants in the Trust and 4 at PT. There is a shared Cat A 1:6 on call rota.About us
The FPH Palliative Care Department provides a 7-day specialist palliative care service and works collaboratively with all relevant hospital specialties and with our partners in the community to advantage the patient pathway.
PT is a charity based in Farnham providing supportive and end of life care for people living with an advanced or other terminal illness. The services are provided in the community, in IPU and through Living Well activities. The recent new community initiatives have focused on improving responsiveness to rapidly changing clinical need (through the Responsive Model) and a palliative care virtual ward pilot. Job description Job responsibilities
A full Job description and Person specification is attached to this vacancy. Please read carefully before applying, and ensure you give examples, to demonstrate, how you meet the essential criteria for the post.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MRCP/MRCGP or equivalent
- CCT in Palliative Medicine or within no more than 6 months of CCT at time of interview with satisfactory PYA report
Professional Experience Essential
- Higher degree e.g. MSc, MD
- Wide clinical experience of palliative care in a variety of care settings (hospital in particular)
- Able to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- Excellent communication skills and competed Advanced or Enhanced Communication Skills course
- Knowledge of Primary Care Sector
- Experience in delivering undergraduate and post graduate teaching
- Experience of supervising junior doctors
- Understand principles and participated in audit activity
- Understand the principles of Clinical Governance and demonstrate experience of evidence based practice
Employer details Employer name
- Clinical experience in oncology and management of advanced long term conditions
- Attendance at Management training course
- Experience in planning under graduate and post graduate teaching
- GCP training certificate
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.