This new post is being created to expand and improve the Respiratory Medicine service at Royal Glamorgan Hospital. The post holder will be joining a dynamic, forward-looking and innovative Respiratory Medicine team of 4 consultants.
The candidate to be appointed will be required to be fully registered with the General Medical Council to hold, or to be within 6 months of gaining, a Certificate of Completion of Training in both Respiratory Medicine and General Internal Medicine and to be on the Specialist Register.
English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply
Interview date: 27th February 2024
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide senior experienced clinical leadership in Royal Glamorgan Hospital and to support the development of the integrated acute care model for the whole Health Board. The post holder will also provide senior medical advice to our teams of community/specialist nurses and to GPs when required.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:? We listen, learn and improve? We treat everyone with respect? We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
You will be able to find a full Job Description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents
Education and Qualifications
- Full GMC registration and license to practice
- oCCT in Respiratory and General Internal Medicine (or within 6 months of CCT)
- oCertificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR)
- oEuropean Community Rights
- MRCP or equivalent
- Higher degree and/or Fellowship experience
Experience and Knowledge
- Ability to provide expert clinical opinion across a wide range of problems within Respiratory and General Internal Medicine
- Experience of working in and leading a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency in endobronchial ultrasound and/or medical thoracoscopy
- Proficiency in pleural ultrasound and procedures
- Proficiency in flexible bronchoscopy
- Ability to use research outcomes in clinical practice
- Experience of conducting clinical audit
- Involvement in research projects or guideline development
- Published papers
- Presentations at conferences
- Ability communicate clearly with colleagues
- Experience in teaching junior medical staff and medical students
- Able to organise and prioritise work effectively
- Motivated to plan and develop services
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Formal training in teaching skills
- Awareness and respect for colleagues, patients and relatives' dignity, privacy, integrity, cultural and religious beliefs
- Energy, enthusiasm, and an ability to work under pressure
- Good previous attendance record
- Ability to travel to meet the requirements of the post
- Physically fit for post as assessed by Occupational Health
- Satisfactory criminal records check
- Eligibility to work in the UK