This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award-winning District General Hospital. Benefits:
- £15,000 welcome premium and up to £13,000 relocation expenses.
- Work life balance with no commitment to general medicine on call rota.
- Additional 1PA induction and leadership development time for 1styear.
(£8,000 relocation fee with option to negotiate an additional £5k with evidence and in line with current policy. The additional payment is subject to tax in line with HMRC rules).
We are looking for a Gastroenterology Consultant to join our team. If you have a particular area of special interest there will likely be scope to lead, develop and shape services in your area of expertise.
We have a 3-room endoscopy unit with close links to Leeds University. There are two registrars as part of our team. We see the full range of Gastroenterology conditions in our practice and have close links to hospitals across West Yorkshire. This is a particular exciting time for our team with leadership opportunities in helping plan our new hospital which will be built on our current site.Main duties of the job
We provide Gastroenterology services to serve our local population. As you would expect this involves inpatient duties, support for primary care, endoscopy services, research, educational work and supervision duties. Inpatient Duties
- To work with other gastroenterologist to provide inpatient cover for gastroenterology patients requiring inpatients care on our base wards.
- Reviewing in-patients cared for by another speciality whose team have requested gastroenterology input.
- Rotation of Consultants in inpatient work.
- Acute in-patients' endoscopy
- Regular commitment to outpatient gastroenterology clinics and /or hepatology clinics. Most of our clinics are face to face but there is also capacity for phone and video clinics. Airedale as a trust is renowned for its expertise in telemedicine.
- There is an expectation to provide supervision to specialist nurses and registrarsin an outpatient setting.
Our award winning hospital is also in an award winning location providing genuine opportunities for a great work-life balance. Yorkshire has recently been voted as the third best region in the world by Lonely Planet, and our local town of Skipton has been voted as the best place to live in the UK by the Sunday Times, commending its top class schools, great transport links, low crime and beautiful surrounding countryside. Job description Job responsibilities
For further information and for full details of the role please see the attached job description and information pack.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBChB or equivalent
- Possession of MRCP, FRCP or equivalent
- Possession of CCST / CCT in GIM (or be within 6 months of obtaining) or equivalent
- Possession of a higher degree (PhD MD) or MPhil
Employer details Employer name
- Relevant experience in organisation and undertaking clinical audit / appraisal
- Willingness to deploy a telemedicine mode of consultations
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.