Lancashire Teaching Hospitals is one of the largest providers of healthcare in the area offering new 'state of the art' facilities and has a complement of over 1100 beds for a local population of 450,000 and a regional population of 1.5 million.
The Obstetric and Gynaecology department is in the process of expansion with the development of additional theatre and ANC capacity.
Lancashire Teaching Hospital will be one of three centres in the North West which have been accredited as a hub of the maternal medicine network hosting an obstetric physician in the future.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an outstanding colleague who will complement and enhance our obstetric services. The post holder will contribute to emergency obstetrics cover (currently on a 1:10 rota but under review).
The role will involve leading a high-risk obstetrics antenatal clinic, as well as joining the team of another special interest antenatal clinic and a weekly MDT. We would welcome interests to complement the department such as experience in complex maternal medicine and high-risk pregnancies such as multiple pregnancies, and obstetric research experience.
The post holder will be on call with a gynaecologist/gynaecological oncologist who would manage gynaecology emergencies and complex procedures emergency procedures out of hours.About us
Our team is our work family. At Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, you will be working as part of a collaborative, friendly and caring team of incredible people who are committed to providing excellent care with compassion. We celebrate diversity, encourage everyone to contribute, and you are valued for who you are.
You will be fully supported as you progress into your consultant career and enrolled into a Leadership and Development Programme.
The successful applicant will be joining an established team of 18 consultants delivering excellent care with compassion in line with the trust values.
LTHTR has over 4,500 births annually and hosts a level 3 neonatal unit. We provide maternity care for a wide range of complex specialised disorders including pregnant women with neurosurgical disorders, complex renal and haematological disorders.
Lancashire Teaching Hospital will be one of three centres in the North West which have been accredited as a hub of the maternal medicine network hosting an obstetric physician in the future. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job description, Person specification and Specialty/ Trust Brochure for further details on:
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- What we can offer
- Job Plan/On-call Requirements
- The Team
- Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- MBBS or equivalent
- Must be entered on the Specialist Register (or entry within 6 months)
- ATSM in Advanced Labour Ward Practice
- ATSM Maternal Medicine
- Attendance at MOET or PROMPT course
- Teaching Experience
Experience & Skills Essential
- Higher degree - e.g., MD
- Teaching Qualification e.g., PG Cert
- MOET instructor
- ATSM Labour ward lead
- Experience of working in NHS
- Full range of Obstetric Skills
- Trained Clinical Supervisor
- Trained Educational Supervisor
- OSCE Examiner
- Intermediate Scanning - Fetal anomaly
- Evidence of Clinical Leadership
- Evidence of commitment to audit and improving clinical practice/service development
- Attendance on management or leadership course
Research & Development Essential
- Prizes/presentations of Audit
- Trained in quality improvement methodology
- Qualification in management or leadership
- Evidence of interest in personal development e.g., through research and/or publications
Employer details Employer name
- Publications in peer reviewed journals
- Evidence of original research
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.