Applications are invited for the post of Consultant Histopathologist at Airedale NHS Foundation Trust which are being offered due to retirements.
Airedale is a high performing Trust, situated in some of the finest countryside in England, including the Yorkshire Dales National Park. This post offers the successful candidate exposure to a wide range of interesting pathology in a highly regarded, supportive department as well as living in one of the most beautiful parts of Yorkshire where there is a high quality of life and plentiful opportunities for an excellent work/life balance. Our local town of Skipton has been voted as the best place to live in the UK by the Sunday Times, commending its top-class schools, great transport links, low crime and beautiful surrounding countryside.
The department has an approved establishment of six Consultant Histopathologists. We are looking for enthusiastic and well-motivated colleagues who can work well in a friendly, collaborative department. The wide range of histopathology and non-gynaecological cytology work will be shared equitably between the five WTE Histopathologists, with scope for developing lead roles or areas of special interest. There is no requirement to undertake post-mortem work or to report cervical cytology.
The appointees will have a well-equipped, newly refurbished office, modern microscope with digital imaging and IT facilities.
Whole time, part time or job share applicants are welcomed.Main duties of the job
Applicants should hold the FRCPath or equivalent and must be on the Specialist Register, or within six months of being admitted to the Register for trainees if currently in a Training Programme within the UK. If you are a trainee, currently on a UK Training Programme, and are not yet on the Specialist Register, please provide details of your expected Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) date on your application form.
There are excellent housing, educational and recreational facilities available in the area in the nearby towns of Skipton and Ilkley. Airedale has good transport links with easy access to the Yorkshire Dales National Park, North York moors and Lake District as well as the cities of Leeds and Manchester.
Please see attached Job Description and Information for further details.About us
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust is an award winning integrated Trust
(consistently in the top 10 nationally for quality of care), set in a beautiful location extending from the Pennines in the south, to the upland hills and valleys of the Yorkshire Dales National Park in the north, providing genuine opportunities for a great work-life balance.
We provide high quality, personalised, acute, elective, specialist and community care for a population of over 250,000 people across West and North Yorkshire and East Lancashire in an area extending from the fringes of north Bradford to parts of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
The hospital is on a green field site between Keighley and Skipton and has been substantially upgraded over the last ten years. The Pathology laboratories are newly refurbished, well equipped and the department has full ISO15189 accreditation. Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the advert please see the full job description and person specification attached.Person Specification Education Essential
- FRCPath or evidence of equivalent.
- Full and specialist registration (and a licence to practice) with the General Medical Council (GMC) (or eligible for registration within six months of interview).
- If an applicant is UK trained, they must also be a holder of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), or be within six months of award of CCT by the date of interview.
- If an applicant is either partially or non-UK trained, they will be required to show evidence of equivalence to the UK CCT/Specialist Registration
- Progression through training programmes and achievement of professional qualifications in appropriate timeframe.
- Training occurred as part of structured training programme working with a range of specialists in various settings.
- Experience of a wide range of general diagnostic work in histopathology and non-gynaecological cytopathology (including fine needle aspiration cytology) appropriate to this department's repertoire and workload.
- Able to take responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision
Research/Audit Experience Essential
- Experience of independent working at Specialist Registrar or Consultant level.
- Experience in multiple specialist areas eg. breast, colo-rectal, gynaecological, head and neck, skin or urological pathology.
- Areas of special interest complementary to existing Consultants.
- Training and experience in general autopsy practice. Experience of performing coronial autopsies.
- Understanding of the practical contribution of histopathology to the conduct of clinical trials.
Employer details Employer name
- Publications demonstrating research or critical appraisal skills.
- Higher degree, prizes or honours.
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.