An opportunity has become available for a Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Palliative Care Medicine) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10,000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
About the role
Provide clinical specialist Palliative Medicine support to the Supportive and Specialist Palliative Care Service, making a substantial contribution to the development of a culture of medical education and safe, effective patient centered clinical practice.
Requirements for the role
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against - Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis and Hepatitis B.
- Tuberculosis screening - to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required.
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed.
- MBBS or equivalent registrable with the Medical Board of Australia plus FAChPM or equivalent acceptable to the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and registrable as a palliative medicine specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Internationally trained candidates may require an acceptable Comparability Assessment undertaken by the appropriate Australian Specialist Medical College as part of the application process.
- Relevant qualification/s and registration must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- The incumbent will be required to participate in an after-hours and on-call roster for the Palliative Care Unit.
- Permanent full time or part time | Temporary full time or part time
- Estimated total remuneration up to $484,882 p.a., comprising:
- Senior Staff Specialist: Base salary from $244,201 - $258,910 p.a or Base hourly rate from $117 - $124.05 p.h
- Staff Specialist: Base salary from $204,206 - $237,196 p.a or Base hourly rate from $97.84 - $113.65 p.h
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Professional development allowance
- Granted private practice rights
Eligible health workers may qualify for a Workforce Attraction Incentive payment. To find out more and see if you are eligible visit: https://www.healthycareers.health.qld.gov.au/attraction-incentives.
- Overtime and on-call allowances
- Professional indemnity cover
- Professional development leave
- Annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application utilising the Medical CV template provided by Wednesday, 6 December 2023.
Enquiries: Dr Andrew Broadbent – (+617) 5626 8449
Job Ad Reference: GC525168
Closing date: Wednesday, 6th December 2023