An exciting opportunity has arisen at Royal Cornwall Hospital's NHS Trust for a Consultant Dermatologist. This award winning Dermatology Department is embracing rapid transformation:
- Shortly to deliver countywide teledermatology hubs throughout Cornwall for two week wait skin lesions.
- Delivering international teledermatology (HSJ Digital 2023 shortlisted)
- Award Winning QiC National Dermatology for work in treating patients with mycosis fungoides cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (MF-CTCL)
- CESR School Programme led by the Dermatology Team
You will have the chance to help develop the service, for the patients of Cornwall and Isles of Scilly.
We are looking for expertise in cutaneous allergy, MOHs micrographic surgery, paediatrics, and complex surgery in particular. If you want to join this team AND enjoy the rural lifestyle that Cornwall offers, don't hesitate to contact us to arrange a visit or to discuss our exciting plans for the future with a member of our team!
Main duties of the job
- Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of cutaneous allergy as well as general dermatology
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Dermatology service as appropriate
- Teaching and training of junior staff and medical students where
- To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning clinical Governance and Audit.
- To attend meetings as
- Fulfil duties of weekly timetable
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust is the biggest provider of healthcare services in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Our three main sites are Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro, St Michael's Hospital Hayle and West Cornwall Hospital Penzance, our staff and services are available across the region.
The Trust employs 5,000+ staff, has a budget of 380 million and 750 beds. We work with health and social care organisations -including NHS Kernow and NHS England- to ensure local healthcare needs are met. We provide acute medical, surgical and specialist services to around 500,000- which can increase significantly during busy holiday periods.
The Trust has teaching hospitals status as part of the University of Exeter Medical School. Keeping at the forefront of medical advances, we continually develop clinical services and are committed to maximising the range of specialist care offered locally.
We can offer you a rewarding career in a supportive working environment. We have extensive educational links to help you realise your full potential and develop skills to provide outstanding healthcare to the local community.
Enjoy an outstanding quality of life in a place that offers surfing beaches and fishing harbours to beautiful countryside and historic towns. With clean air, plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and excellent schools, colleges and universities (including adult education) it is the ideal place for families and for you to develop your own career.
PLEASE NOTE: To view the full Job Description and Person Specification, please click the supporting document on the right-hand side
To be an employee of the NHS you need to successfully complete the following:
- Identity Checks
- Professional registration and qualification checks
- Employment history and reference checks
- Work health assessments
- Criminal record check standards
- Right to work checks
For further information please visit:
- We reserve the right to close this advert early, or when the allocated number of applications has been reached. Please submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
- Agency interest will not be considered until this advert has closed.
- GMC Registration with a license to Practice in Dermatology.
- GMC Specialist Register or within six months of obtaining CCT (or equivalent) at time of interview.
- MRCP (UK) or equivalent
- Attended appropriate Training courses.
- An appropriate higher degree, e.g. MD, PhD or equivalent
- Demonstrate experience and competencies at least equivalent to a SPIN module in dermatology (or be willing to undertake this in the first 2 years of the post)
- Teaching (Medical students, peers, MDT)
- Experienced in Clinical Audit and Clinical Governance
- Published in peer-reviewed journals.