Medical Demonstrators (x12) – AO2213NB
School of Medicine, University of St Andrews
The School of Medicine wishes to appoint 12 full time Medical Demonstrators to assist in the teaching of anatomy and clinical skills, starting on Thursday 1st August 2024 for 12 months.
You will gain wide experience in teaching and assessing medical students within; regional anatomy, clinical skills, basic ultrasound skills, medical ethics, clinical sciences and case-based tutorials. You will have excellent opportunities to study and prepare for postgraduate examinations, e.g. M.R.C.S., supported by the outstanding clinical anatomy team at St Andrews.
You will have an opportunity to contribute to the interviewing of prospective medical students. Appropriate training in medical education is also encouraged and supported.
Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Rebecca Walmsley (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Enis Cezayirli (email@example.com).
Employees of the University have access to a wide range of staff benefits including:
- Annual leave of 34 days, plus 5 public holidays
- Membership of the USS Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- A range of family friendly policies
- Staff discount scheme for local and national goods and services
- Free staff parking, employee Carshare and Cycle to Work Schemes and subsidised local bus travel
- Subsidised sports membership, reduced tuition fees on degree programmes for staff/children of staff, access to library facilities, salary sacrifice scheme and a range of wellbeing initiatives
Applications are particularly welcome from people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented in professional posts at the University.
Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of the St Andrews experience. We strive to create a fair and inclusive culture demonstrated through our commitment to diversity awards (Athena Swan, Carer Positive, LGBT Charter and Race Charters). We celebrate diversity by promoting profiles of BAME, LGBTIQ+ staff and supporting networks including the Staff BAME Network; Staff with Disabilities Network; Staff LGBTIQ+ Network; and the Staff Parents & Carers Network. Full details available online via the Apply button.
Closing Date: 20 November 2023
Interview Date: 13 & 14 December 2023
Please quote ref: AO2213NB
Further Particulars: AO2213NB FPs.doc
Salary: £37,099 - £44,263 per annum
Start Date: 1 August 2024, or as soon as possible thereafter
Duration of Post: Fixed term - 12 months