Applications are invited for a Clinical Fellow Foundation Year 2/ST2 Doctor in Emergency Medicine to start in August. This post is for 12 months.
The post holder will beWorking in full time rota (40 hours per week) which varies according to 18 week repeated set pattern. One in 3 weekend.
Assessing patients in the emergency department, ordering relevant investigations and managing acute conditions. Your work will be supervised by senior colleagues. You will be working in various areas of the emergency department including Resus, Majors, Paediatrics ED, observation ward and a step down area.
Brief summary of role:
As a Trust, we place high importance on staff wellbeing, you will be offered a wide variety of support to help you maintain your wellbeing and to help colleagues maintain theirs. The Trusts Health and Wellbeing team has won a National Award during 2020 for the work they have done locally.
ED team is a big team consists of 16 Consultants 10 registrars, 27 SHOs of various training levels and 3 Advanced care practitioners.
We are a large department and see a huge number of patients everyday which is up to 250 -300/day
There is a consultant cover from 8am till 10pm everyday. We work in a healthy environment and we look after each others physical and mental well being. Main duties of the job
- To be part of the ED Team at the Great Western Hospital.
- To participate in supervised Consultant led new and follow-up outpatient clinics.
- To provide in-patient services to some patients on observation ward and step down area.
- To participate in MDT meetings on a weekly basis.
- To participate in the general medicine on call rota [including out of hours]
- Participation in clinical audits.
- To contribute to undergraduate/post-graduate and continuing medical education activity.
- Conducting suitable duties in cases of emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
- Taking part in teaching and quality improvement projects.
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are. We will expect your values and behaviours to reflect the STAR Values of the organisation: Service
We will put our patients first Teamwork
We will work together Ambition
We will aspire to provide the best service Respect
We will act with integrity Job description Job responsibilities
All staff in each Directorate are managerially accountable through their Lead Clinician and to the Associate Medical Director, who has overall responsibility for the services within the Directorate. Clinical Fellow F2/ST1 level doctors are key members of the Directorate team and are accountable and responsible for following the changes to service that will improve the patient experience set out by senior members of the team.
- To support and supervise junior colleagues as appropriate.
- To contribute to the leadership and development under the direction of the Lead Clinician and Associate Medical Director and in line with the Trusts business plans.
- The post holder will ensure effective communication and involvement of staff across the Directorate including support to the Divisional Director to achieve their objectives.
- Work in partnership with colleagues in other Directorates within the Trust.
- Work within the Trusts framework for Clinical Governance and Risk, including the development of clinical policies and adherence to standing orders, standing financial instructions and financial procedures.
In addition, the post holder will be expected to support the academic development of junior colleagues and undergraduates Further details can be found on the attached job descriptionPerson Specification Qualifications Essential
- Fully registered with the GMC
- Completion of F1 or equivalent
- Clinical training/experience equivalent to F2 trainees or above
- Experience in emergency conditions
- Interest in leading multi-professional education
Employer details Employer name
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrable ability to manage priorities
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.