Department of Emergency Medicine
Lifespan, Medical & Critical Care Services
Mackay Hospital and Health Service
Remuneration value up to $587,432 p.a. comprising salary between $9,360.20 p.f. - $9,924.00 p.f. (L25-L27) or remuneration value up to $537,639 p.a. comprising salary between $7,827.20 p.f. - $9,091.70 p.f. (L18-L24); or remuneration value up to $392,359 p.a. comprising salary of $6,776.80 p.f. - $6,988.70 p.f. (L13-L14); employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances.
The Mackay Base Hospital have opportunities available for Staff Specialist and/or Senior Medical Officer's to join their Emergency Medicine team on a Permanent Full-Time and/or Permanent Part-Time basis.
About the Mackay Region
Mackay is a vibrant regional centre in tropical North Queensland, servicing a population of over 180,000. The Mackay Isaac Whitsunday Region has a thriving economy that includes a diverse range of tourism, agriculture, industry, mining, education, and health industries.
Mackay provides relaxed and comfortable rural and coastal living opportunities, only an hour flight from Brisbane and a short distance to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. The tropical climate is ideal for outdoor living with beautiful beaches and a spectacular natural environment nearby. Families are well serviced by a choice of high-quality schools and a wide range of sporting clubs with excellent facilities.
- Varied, exciting case mix including 25% paediatrics & a significant trauma caseload.
- Regional referral and trauma centre; 50,000 presentations per annum.
- Support satellite MHHS hospitals and rural sites through Telehealth and in person
- Flexile equitable rostering balancing service needs and academic priorities.
- Provide innovative pre-hospital avoidance models of care through HITH, GEDI and allied community teams
- Opportunity to become involved in development of a new Emergency Department.
- Highly competitive remuneration with extensive support for professional development.
- Potential for involvement in the Regional Aeromedical Retrieval Service.
- There is an active and successful postgraduate education and training program.
- There is an active and successful postgraduate education and training program. We are accredited for 12 months of ACEM fellowship training, and 2 months of AST training through ACRRM and RACGP. In addition, we offer ACEM Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma training.
- Modern 192 bed hospital providing trauma services, most major medical and surgical sub-speciality services.
- Support services such as Cardiac Cathlab and a 14 bed Short Stay Unit.
- A fully equipped medical library is available on site with a large collection of hard copy and online journals and textbooks.
- Provide expert clinical services for the department within the Clinical Services Capability Framework for the facility, and within the clinical privileges formally granted to the Staff Specialist/Senior Staff Specialist from time to time.
- Support the Clinical Director in the medical administration requirements of the department through portfolios
- Provide clinical supervision of the department and junior medical staff when rostered as the duty Senior Medical Officer.
- Actively participate in in-service training programs, supervise, and teach junior medical staff, medical students, nursing and paramedical staff as required.
- Provide ethical decision making in the achievement of organisation goals.
Enquiries: Dr Syed Khadri, (07) 4885 5110
Job Ad Reference: MK497788
Apply by clicking Apply Now
Closing Date: 29-10-2023