ABUHB is looking for a leader with extensive experience in a senior position in the Community Dental Service (CDS), who is willing to commit to achieve results and meet deadlines, setting high standards and motivated to achieve them. They will provide clinical leadership to all staff in the (CDS) Directorate and manage the service and its staff ensuring the delivery of service programmes, contributing towards the Quality and Clinical Governance agenda and together with the Medical Director and Integrated Oral and Dental Services Group (IOHG) helping develop and implement the operational plans of the CDS service.
The CDS are keen to ensure that the successful applicant has the right support in place and therefore will provide coaching and mentoring options in addition to inclusion on the Dental Directors (Wales) monthly peer group.
Main duties of the job
Provide a range of clinical duties relevant to this role, leading on triage and managing clinical referrals.
Responsible for the Community Dental Service operational implementation of policy and strategic planning.
Operational management of multiple sites and staff groups, with line management for Senior CDS staff.
Responsible for and conduct appraisals and job plans of CDS staff.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your specialty or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Well-being Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opened in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.
Please see Job Description and person specification for further information and main responsibilities in TRAC.
This position involves Regulated Activity with children and adults as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (amended by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012) and the following checks will be undertaken following any conditional offer:
- Enhanced check with barred list information, including - an adults and children's barred list check
Applicants must hold full registration and a licence to practice with the GDC
- Registration with General Dental Council
- Bachelor in Dental Surgery or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification MSc or equivalent, relevant Clinical discipline, DPH and/or research
- Leadership course
- Postgraduate CPD
- GDC Specialist Registration relevant to post
- Membership of a professional organisation/learned society relating to the clinical specialist/specialised area of work
- Leadership or Management qualification
- Clinical Education/Teaching qualification
- Extensive experience in Senior position in CDS
- Operational management of dental teams
- Teaching, training, supervision, mentorship of other grades of staff and/or students
- NHS experience
- Analysis and interpretation of data and evidence of production of reports
- Experience of Direct Access in relation to DCP's
- DPH experience/involvement in national public health initiatives at a senior level
- Organisation of Sedation and or GA service.