Are you an enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic Middle Grade Doctor, with an interest in Stroke medicine?
If so, we can offer significant opportunities for engagement in the future expansion of stroke services in our Trust.
We are a large and high profile teaching centre in the Northwest of England, with a range of tertiary services including Neurosciences, and we also host a Major Trauma Centre, as well as regional vascular services.
You will join an existing well established Stroke Team, working alongside another full time Stroke Physician, and two Consultant Physicians with Stroke interest.
The Stroke Service is closely integrated with Neurosciences, providing access to Neurosurgery and Interventional Neuroradiology, as well as having a proactive research base.
The post is for 12 months initially, with potential to be extended. You should be eligible to work in the UK in a non-training grade post, as this post is not recognised for training purposes.
Your enquiries, and requests to visit the hospitals, are welcome, and should be made to Dr K Hari Bhaskar, Consultant Physician, telephone number 01257 245287.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will:-
- Participate in the day to day functioning of Stroke Medicine, predominantly on the Stroke Ward.
- Liaise closely along with stroke specialist nurse, with Emergency department colleagues and MAU team assessing acute strokes for further management.
- Participate in consultant ward round and emergency TIA clinics.
- Provide leadership for more junior trainees, especially when covering out of hours.
- Promote high professional standards of clinical care for patients, both through direct patient care and by the maintenance of continuing professional development.
- Undertake administrative duties involved with the care of his/her patients.
- Promote high professional standards of clinical care of patients and the health and safety of the critical care environment.
- Maintain continuing education and professional development.
- Actively participate in the audit process.
Standard Hours of Work will be 40 per week.
Annual Leave 32 days per annum based on a 5 day working week
Study Leave 10 days per annum
At least six weeks' notice must be given when applying for Annual Leave or Study Leave
Please refer to the attached Job description, Person specification and Specialty/ Trust Brochure for further details on:
- What we can offer
- Job Plan/On-call Requirements
- The Team
- Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- MBChB or equivalent
- Previous General Medicine experience
- Experience in Stroke Medicine
- Computer Literacy Audit Project
- Clinical research
- Practical Procedures
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.