Interventional Cardiologist – Te Whatu Ora/Health New Zealand
- Largest tertiary and quaternary teaching hospital in New Zealand
- Full time, permanent position working in a busy interventional service, Auckland
- Generous relocation package
- Full immigration/Visa support
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
This is an outstanding opportunity with the largest Cardiovascular service in New Zealand. Te Toka Tumai Auckland is part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. We are looking for a full time Adult Cardiologist with specialist training in interventional cardiology for this particular Auckland based role, however other positions are available in other New Zealand Districts.
This particular role offers you the opportunity to:
- Perform coronary interventions at a high-volume unit within a small team of 5 interventionalists
- Work within a wider service of 26 cardiologists covering all cardiology sub-specialties
- Collaborate with interventionalists from other Auckland public hospitals to provide the regional 24/7 acute interventional service (based at Auckland City Hospital)
- Contribute to the provision of acute general cardiology care in the coronary care unit and on the cardiology ward, and in outpatient clinics
- Participate in an active interventional research programme
For this position, the successful applicant becomes part of the Te Toka Tumai Auckland Cardiology Service, at one of the leading hospitals in Australasia, as well as becoming part of the national health service and wider career opportunities that provides. The appointee is expected to have sub-specialty training and experience in interventional cardiology. Expertise in complex coronary and CTO intervention would be an advantage. Qualified as an adult cardiologist with subspecialty training in Interventional Cardiology. This position would suit an interventional cardiologist trained in and focussed upon complex coronary intervention rather than structural procedures.
- You must hold FRACP (or equivalent qualification) and be registered or be eligible for specialist registration as a cardiologist with the Medical Council of New Zealand (mcnz.org.nz)
Please click here for a copy of the position description
For an initial confidential discussion
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
As well as being part of New Zealand’s overarching national health service, at Te Toka Tumai Auckland we provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, all located in central Auckland. Auckland City Hospital is New Zealand’s largest public hospital as well as the largest clinical research facility with close links to Auckland University and Medical School.
The position is primarily based at Auckland City Hospital, an 1165 bed teaching hospital. Approximately 1100 coronary and 250 structural interventional procedures are undertaken at Auckland City Hospital each year. The only public cardiac surgical service in the region is at Auckland City Hospital, as are the national heart transplant, ECMO, ACHD and paediatric cardiology programs.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
- You will becoming part of the national health service, Te Whatu Ora and the wider career opportunities that provides.
- You will be joining a dynamic cardiology service committed to the provision of excellent healthcare for our population.
- The successful applicant may be eligible for an honorary position with the University of Auckland School of Medicine.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply or express initial interest
For a confidential initial discussion about this role please contact Professor Mark Webster, Clinical Lead Interventional Cardiology MWebster@adhb.govt.nz
For help with your online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna, Recruitment Consultant at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz
For a formal application please click 'Apply' below quoting reference number AUC18089.
For opportunities across New Zealand please visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com