The Consultant appointed will:
- Provide cover for the anaesthetic on-call rota. Over the year this will average out as a 1:7 rota for nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Share in the theatre sessions.
- While maintaining clinical independence, be expected to work with colleagues as a team.
- Carry out administrative and audit duties, including those associated with the care of patients and the running of his/her department.
- Be expected to participate actively in the teaching of under-graduate and post-graduate students.
- Clinical and professional responsibility for patients
- Keep patients (and their carers if appropriate) informed about their condition.
- To involve patients (and their carers if appropriate) in decision making about their treatment.
- To maintain professional standards and obligations as set out by the GMC and comply in particular with the GMC’s guidance on Good Medical Practice as amended or substituted from time to time.
- Carry out any work related to and reasonably incidental to the duties set out in your job plan or rota including keeping of records and the provision of reports, the proper delegation of tasks and maintaining skills and knowledge.
Research activities will be encouraged.