- New Starter package of 15,000 spread over 3 years as a retention bonus
- supported by a 12,000 relocation allowance
- roles also attract a loyalty Scheme Bonus of 2,500 over the subsequent 5 years of service
- CPD of 2,000 per annum with the facility accumulate annual funding for up to three years to accommodate accessing higher cost development opportunities
- 'Holiday of a lifetime scheme': Consultants and SASG doctors can bank/accrue annual leave over a period of up to 5 years, to facilitate an extended period of leave. The scheme enables the opportunity for planning a 'holiday of a lifetime' or extended paid break
The service provides Primary Care Services for those from 18 years old, and Secondary care service for adults age 25-70 years of age residing in the Bury and Blackbourne patch catchment area. The team receives referrals from the 8 General Practices that make up the 2 Primary Care Networks.
The post holder will provide clinical leadership to the community team and work collaboratively with all MDT members and other adult service staff. The role provides advice and guidance to colleagues in Primary Care, clinical assessment and reviews of patients in discussion with the team, especially patients thought to be at high risk, those presenting with complex problems or those with diagnostic uncertainty.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will undertake clinical management of patients seen within the team at a level as is appropriate for a Consultant Psychiatrist in either Primary or Secondary Care. This would include diagnostic assessment where required, development of management plans and treatments regimes.
To provide medical expertise within the multidisciplinary team, in the assessment, diagnosis and management of referred patients take part in team meetings, supervision and the development of the team.
To supervise and train junior medical staff. This would be as Clinical Supervisor for any junior colleagues working directly with the post holder in the Pathway. The post holder will be expected to contribute to teaching and supervision of medical students on attachment to the team and to their psychiatry experience on attachment to the Trust more generally where appropriate.
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust provides child and adult mental health services, learning disability, wellbeing and eating disorder services across Norfolk and Suffolk.
We are also offering:
- Up to 12k relocation expenses
- Access to 2000 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
- Friendly Colleagues
- Encouragement and support for areas of special interest
- Subsidised gyms and free physio service
- We have a strong education reputation and close ties with both The University of Cambridge and The University of East Anglia
- Well established county wide teaching program
- Access and encouragement to partake in research and a well-established research network within the Trust
- Support for Quality Improvement, Audit and Service development
- Forward thinking, clinically lead and innovative trust
- Flexibility can be considered for a degree of remote working
To provide clinical leadership and psychiatric expertise for the Bury and Blackbourne Enhanced Recovery Team
Work collaboratively with colleagues in the community team, the wards, crisis and liaison services for adults to provide a seamless pathway
Please see attached full Job Description for this role
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved clinician status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.