An FY2 Level doctor is required to work in the busy and friendly General Surgery department at Ealing Hospital. The post holder will work primarily with the active and progressive General Surgery team. The department prides itself with one of the highest numbers of Hot Cholecystectomy.The post has arisen due to vacancies within the service. At present this is a service post and would be ideal post for doctors who need more general surgery experience.
Main duties of the job
You will be required to work a regular shift pattern including nights with an average of 40 hours per week.
Although the post is a non-training grade, there will be direct consultant supervision and an education program to develop their portfolio and will be actively encouraged to link with departmental activity.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
Please read the attached JD for more information:
The post holder should be prepared to perform duties in occasional emergencies and unforeseen circumstances. Commitments arising in such circumstances are, however, exceptional and the post holder will not be re required to undertake work of this kind for prolonged periods or on a regular basis. All efforts will be made to ensure that work of this kind does not result in continuous hours of duty which exceed the new deal continuous hours of duty limits.
The appointee will work a full shift rota with a 1 in 6 on-call commitment, with night duty being operated in conjunction with the T& O department, offering a 1 in 12 commitment. This includes prospective cover for colleagues absences.
The job description will be reviewed annually to ensure fulfilment of contractual obligations. The person appointed should expect that duties may be re-allocated from time to time to fit in with alterations in circumstances, such as changes in Consultant staffing, introduction of new services, expansion or reduction of existing services
- 1 Year General Surgery experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.