THIS POST IS FIXED TERM FOR UPTO 12 MONTHS DUE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE
A vacancy for a Locum Consultant Anaesthetist has arisen at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. The post is for a general anaesthetist, to complement our friendly, enthusiastic team of consultants, SAS doctors and trainees.
Main duties of the job
This is a full time post comprising of a 10 session job plan with a 1:14 on call commitment.
Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in the three County Boroughs of Bridgend, Merthyr and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15,000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only the lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
Qualifications and Eligibility
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice
- Fellow Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA) or equivalent
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK
- Advanced Life Support Provider
- Locum or substantive Anaesthetic Consultant experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Broad experience in Anaesthesia
- Understands the importance of patient safety and risk
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work within multidisciplinary teams
- Able to communicate well in English with team members, patients and their families
Commitment to professional development