We are in the very fortunate position where all 6 of the Primary Care Networks (PCNs) in Redbridge are working together as part of the Redbridge-wide GP federation Healthbridge Direct.
This means we are able to build strong clinical teams within and across the PCNs. We are now at the very start of an exciting journey of building a team of over 100 additional clinical roles to support and enable the delivery of services within each of our 6 PCNs. We are building teams within and across the PCNs to enable peer support and team working both within and across professions.
We have a unique opportunity in Redbridge to create something special and we want you to be part of it. We have the infrastructure, the relationships and the potential to create a team that will make a significant difference to GP practices, to outcomes for local populations, and to individual lives for patients across Redbridge Main duties of the job
Please see attached Job description and person specification for a full outline of duties.
. About us
Our mission in Redbridge is to strengthen, develop and support local general practice, to enable the delivery of high-quality care to local people. We are in the very fortunate position where all 6 of the Primary Care Networks (PCNs) in Redbridge are working together as part of the Redbridge-wide GP federation Healthbridge Direct.
We have a unique opportunity in Redbridge to create something special and we want you to be part of it. We have the infrastructure, the relationships and the potential to create a team that will make a significant difference to GP practices, to outcomes for local populations, and to individual lives for patients across Redbridge. Job description Job responsibilities
- The post holder will under appropriate supervision:
- Provide first point of contact for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems, utilising history taking, physical examination, problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills to establish a working diagnosis and management plan working in partnership with patients.
- Carry out telephone triage and appropriate clinical and non-clinical signposting in a clinical contact hub environment.
- Undertake as agreed surgery based consultations for emergency or routine problems including management of long term conditions. In addition, undertake telephone consultations / home visits and participate in duty rotas
- Instigate necessary invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests or investigations and interpret findings/reports within the scope of a PAs practice. Discuss the result and implications of laboratory investigations with patients
- Utilise clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice
- Offer a holistic service to patients and their families, developing where appropriate an on-going plan of care/support with an emphasis on prevention and self-care
- Refer patients directly to other services or agencies using appropriate referral pathways
- Ensure safe handover of care within and outside the practice as appropriate
- Work directly with members of the practice primary health care team and support integrated patient centred care through appropriate working with wider primary care / social care networks
- Identify community health needs and participate in the development of patient/family-centred strategies to address them
- Contribute to the practice quality targets to consistently achieve high standards of safe, evidence-based, cost-effective patient care and service delivery
Training and development
- Participate in continuing professional development opportunities to keep up-to-date with evidence-based knowledge and competence in all aspects of the role to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and a Personal Development Plan (PDP) utilising a reflective approach to practice. This requires 50 hours of CPD every year: a minimum of 25 hours must be in accredited direct learning programmes
- Undertake a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with the improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis and treatment where appropriate using the following means.
- Audit of clinical practice
- Significant event review / root cause analysis
- Review of relevant literature
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options through consultation with general practitioners, physicians and other specialists
- Promote and support a learning culture within the practice and assist in clinical instruction, mentoring and supervision of medical, nursing or physician associate students and other learners that may periodically be attached to the practice
- Contribute to regular multi-disciplinary and or practice educational meetings
- Participate in multi-disciplinary protocol and patient group directions (PGDs) development as appropriate
- Work closely with other clinical staff and administrative managers in the setting up and/or improving of practice systems for monitoring/measuring performance against Clinical Governance and Quality Indicator targets
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and complete all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes in accordance with relevant standards
- Work in accordance with internal administrative systems relating to but not limited to the management of clinical data,
- Send and receive written information on behalf of the practice relating to the physical and social welfare of patients
- Work closely with other clinical staff and administrative managers in the setting up and/or improving of practice systems for monitoring/measuring performance against Clinical Governance and Quality Indicator targets and work to deliver the NHS contract pertinent to the practice including the terms of the Quality and Outcomes Framework and locally enhanced services
- Ensure that all practice policies are fully implemented
- Support, contribute to and participate in external inspections
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Take the UK PA National Re-Certification Exam every six years - required for Physician Associates AND maintain your professional registration working within the latest Code of Professional Conduct (CIPD)
- Undertake statutory and mandatory training as required by the practice
- Demonstrate clinical leadership
- Pro-actively promote the role of the PA within the practice and externally to key stakeholders and agencies
- Respect patient confidentiality at all times and not divulge patient information unless sanctioned by the requirements of the role.
- Degree at 2:1 level or above Postgraduate Diploma / Master in Physician Associate from an accredited UK university Current and valid certification with the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA) Registration with the UK Managed Voluntary Registry for Physician Associates Experience of working in a primary care environment Experience of working as a Physician Associate Experience of triage Experience of dealing with a range of clinical conditions Ability to effectively triage, assess and diagnose Wound care ECGs Chaperone procedure Requesting pathology tests and processing the results, advertising patients accordingly Diabetes Hypertension Asthma Spirometry CHD
Employer details Employer name
- Immunisations (childhood, routine and travel) Understanding the importance of evidence-based practice Broad knowledge of clinical governance Ability to record accurate clinical notes Ability to work within own scope of practice and understanding when to refer to GPs Knowledge of public health issues in the local area Knowledge of health promotion strategies Understand the requirement for PGDs and associated policy Excellent communication skills (written and oral) Strong IT skills including knowledge of SystemOne, Office and Outlook Effective time management (planning and organisation ) Ability to work as a team member and autonomously Good interpersonal skills Problem solving and analytical skills Ability to follow clinical policy and procedure Understanding of the audit process Understanding of clinical risk management
Healthbridge Direct Address
53-63 Redbridge Lane East
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.