1 x full time fixed term for 12 months posts starting October 2023.
Applications are invited to join a friendly and supportive Paediatric Emergency Department with the aim to provide high quality care to children and young people.
The Paediatric Emergency Department is open Monday - Sunday 0800-0200 and is staffed with Clinical Fellows, ENPs, and ANPs at Tier 1 level and Speciality Doctors at Tier 2. The Paediatric Medical Department is located on the same floor and shares the same Assessment and Observation Area. We enjoy excellent collaborative working relationships with the Paediatric team.
This post is based at Ormskirk District General Hospital.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work on the Tier 1 rota in the Paediatric Emergency Department working on a full shift pattern covering shifts until 2am.
The Secretary of State has approved the partnership between St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals and Southport & Ormskirk Hospitals.
From 1st July we have come together as a single organisation under the name Mersey & West Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
The Trust delivers acute hospital care, intermediate care, community, and primary care services to a population of over 600,000 people with a combined workforce of around 9000 dedicated and skilled staff from 17 locations including Whiston, Southport & Formby, St Helens, Ormskirk and Newton hospitals.
The Trust provides regional services for burns, plastic surgery and spinal injuries to more than 4 million people across Mersey and West Lancashire, Cheshire, the Isle of Man and North Wales.
Our Vision is to deliver 5 Star Patient Care:
- CAREthat is evidence based, high quality and compassionate
- SAFETY that is of the highest standards
- COMMUNICATION that is open, inclusive and respectful
- SYSTEMS that are efficient, patient centred and reliable
- PATHWAYS that are best practice and embedded, but also respect the individual needs of patients
Our achievements include:
- Trust rated Outstanding by CQC Inspection August 2018
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers & Health Service Journal)
- Awarded National Preceptorship Accreditation (2023) for our Nursing & AHP Preceptorship Programme
Please see our Wellbeing & Benefits booklet for more information on our staff benefits.
Consultants and Medical Teams
Associate Medical Director
Associate Director of Operations
Directorate and Operations Service Managers
Advertising date: 21st September 2023
Closing date: 5th October 2023
Shortlisting date: 6th October 2023
Proposed interview date: w/c 16th October 2023
- Full Registration with Medical Council and Licenced to Practice MB ChB, MBBS
- Other Paediatric Qualifications MRCPCH
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 1 years' experience at Tier 1 (Senior House Officer/F2)
- Minimum of 4 months experience in Paediatrics or Emergency Medicine
- Must have experience of managing acute patients.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Basic Paediatric Life Support Skills
Skills & Abilities
- Proven Ability to Teach
- Commitment to teaching and supervision of junior staff
- Willingness to seek timely assistance from senior colleagues when appropriate
- Experience and evidence of Audit, Research and Quality Improvement
- Good personal and interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of Multi-Disciplinary team working
- Completed Audit Topic and Research Publication
- Up to date knowledge of the changing NHS structure and Hospital based service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.