We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our well-established team. The team are keen to develop a virtual lesion service and therefore an interest in service development, AI or complex surgery would be useful. You will be responsible for assisting in the management of dermatology patients who require cutaneous allergy investigation and treatment within the Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust.
The majority of nursing staff are trained to carry out minor procedures and 3 nurses have undergone training to carry out simple excision surgery. There are 4 nurse prescribers and more undergoing training. 2 highly competent clinical nurse specialists see patients for diagnosis, follow up appointments and liaise with oncology and surgical colleagues.
You will join an existing team of 3 Dermatology Consultants, 1 GU Consultant, 3 Associate Specialists and 5 specialty doctors. We offer a number of specialist services including Mohs micrographic surgery, one stop see and treat skin lesion clinics, paediatric dermatology, cutaneous allergy as well as a modern phototherapy unit. A dedicated team of nurses provide nurse led clinical services including Isotretinoin, cytotoxic and biologic drug monitoring, PDT, dressings clinics and day treatment clinics.
The team run general outpatient clinics at West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance) and Penrice Hospital (St Austell). Additional phototherapy units are situated at West Cornwall, East Cornwall and Camborne and Redruth hospitals Main duties of the job
- Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of cutaneous allergy as well as general dermatology
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Dermatology service as appropriate
- Teaching and training of junior staff and medical students where
- To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning clinical Governance and Audit.
- To attend meetings as
- Fulfil duties of weekly timetable
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust is the biggest provider of healthcare services in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Our three main sites are Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro, St Michael's Hospital Hayle and West Cornwall Hospital Penzance, our staff and services are available across the region.
The Trust employs 5,000+ staff, has a budget of 380 million and 750 beds. We work with health and social care organisations -including NHS Kernow and NHS England- to ensure local healthcare needs are met. We provide acute medical, surgical and specialist services to around 500,000- which can increase significantly during busy holiday periods.
The Trust has teaching hospitals status as part of the University of Exeter Medical School. Keeping at the forefront of medical advances, we continually develop clinical services and are committed to maximising the range of specialist care offered locally.
We can offer you a rewarding career in a supportive working environment. We have extensive educational links to help you realise your full potential and develop skills to provide outstanding healthcare to the local community.
Enjoy an outstanding quality of life in a place that offers surfing beaches and fishing harbours to beautiful countryside and historic towns. With clean air, plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and excellent schools, colleges and universities (including adult education) it is the ideal place for families and for you to develop your own career. Job description Job responsibilities PLEASE NOTE: To view the full Job Description and Person Specification, please click the supporting document on the right-hand side To be an employee of the NHS you need to successfully complete the following:
- Identity Checks
- Professional registration and qualification checks
- Employment history and reference checks
- Work health assessments
- Criminal record check standards
- Right to work checks
For further information please visit:
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- We reserve the right to close this advert early, or when the allocated number of applications has been reached. Please submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
- Agency interest will not be considered until this advert has closed.
- GMC Registration with a license to Practice in Dermatology.
- GMC Specialist Register or within six months of obtaining CCT (or equivalent) at time of interview.
- MRCP (UK) or equivalent
- Attended appropriate Training courses.
- An appropriate higher degree, e.g. MD, PhD or equivalent
- Demonstrate experience and competencies at least equivalent to a SPIN module in dermatology (or be willing to undertake this in the first 2 years of the post)
- Teaching (Medical students, peers, MDT)
- Experienced in Clinical Audit and Clinical Governance
Employer details Employer name
- Published in peer-reviewed journals.
Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust Address
Royal Cornwall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.