We are looking to appoint a Trust Doctor ( CT1/2 level) in Rheumatology, based at Derriford Hospital for a period of 6 months 6/2/24-6/8/24.
This post has been created to provide an insight into this specialty not available on current IMT training programmes. Excellent outpatient clinic exposure and opportunities to receive medical training.
Main duties of the job
To attend clinics.
To support nurse specialist team regarding prescriptions for disease modifying drugs and clinical queries.
To support the registrar(s) and on-call consultant taking calls/ patient queries from colleagues in primary care and within the hospital for inpatient referrals.
To keep up to date with the progress of patients seen as ward referrals who require on-going rheumatology input during their in-patient stay.
To conduct audits for the department to monitor / improve patient pathways.
Rheumatology is a small well-integrated team at Derriford Hospital, based over 2 floors of the main hospital, conducting most of our clinics in our purpose built outpatient department with onsite imaging.
We have a very good established nursing team running their own clinics, managing the rheumatology patient advice line.
We have regular team meetings including therapy staff, secretaries and all clinicians where staff are encouraged to discuss ideas to improve practice, processes etc as well as management sharing latest business information.
Please see job description attached - ability for role to expand dependent on level of skills and knowledge of the postholder.
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Minimum of 2 years of postgraduate medical experience (equivalent to that obtained in a UK Foundation Training programme)
- Evidence of attainment of F2 competencies or equivalent.
- No more than 4 years of post-graduate medical experience
- Knowledge and application of up to date evidence based practice
Academic Research Skills/Teaching Management
- Experience of teaching clinical skills to junior colleagues, and medical students in an enthusiastic way that inspire others
- Experience and commitment to clinical audit and quality improvement
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment and hold a current licence to practice.
- Either evidence of current employment in a UKFPO affiliated foundation programme OR 12 months experience after full GMC registration and evidence of achievement of Foundation competences in the 2 years before the intended start date from a UKFPO affiliated Foundation Programme