Phyllis Tuckwell provides supportive and end of life care for people living with an advanced or terminal illness. Based in Farnham Camberley and Guildford, we serve a population of 550,000 across West Surrey and North East Hampshire.
2 part time Specialty Doctors (1x substantive and 1x 1-year fixed term)
16 to 24 hours a week each
Pre 2021 Contract: £46,958 - £87,568 per annum WTE based on 40 hours a week.
2021 Contract: £52,530 - £82,400 per annum WTE based on 40 hours a week.
Location: Farnham and Camberley
Phyllis Tuckwell is looking to appoint two part-time specialty doctors in palliative medicine.
The posts are due to a resignation and the intention to increase medical input to the Community team in light of rising demand and referrals. The postholder will be required to be on call both Saturday and Sunday every one in seven, this would be supporting both the inpatient unit and community team. This post would suit a doctor wishing to pursue a career in Palliative Medicine or a portfolio-career doctor such as a GP. Prior experience of palliative medicine is desirable. The successful applicant will receive a comprehensive induction and training programme.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a busy team
- Good computer skills and be willing to learn
- Effective time management and organisational skills, with an attention to detail
In return we offer:
- 6 weeks paid holiday plus public holidays (pro rata)
- Continuation of NHS Pension for current members or Phyllis Tuckwell Group Personal Pension Plan (matched contributions up to 7.5%)
- Excellent education and training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Benefit Voucher Scheme
- Clinical Supervision
- A motivated and compassionate team whose passion is to make a difference
For a discussion about the role or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Dr Cate Seton-Jones Medical Director at Phyllis Tuckwell: telephone 01252 729400; email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to apply online, please contact HR on 01252 729408 or email@example.com
Please state in your covering letter whether you are applying for the fixed term or substantive position.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Sunday 8th October 2023
Interviews will be held week commencing: Monday 16th October 2023
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Phyllis Tuckwell is an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Phyllis Tuckwell, Waverley Lane, Farnham, Surrey GU9 8BL. www.pth.org.uk
NO MEDIA OR AGENCIES