Here at Fresenius Medical Care, we pride ourselves for being the leading provider of dialysis services to the NHS and are looking for a Medical Director to support with our Clinical Vigilance and Pharmacovigilance matters within our Nephrocare business.
We are looking for somebody who is already a member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) and who is listed on the Specialist register of the General Medical Council for Renal Medicine. You must be able to evidence your experience in Renal medicine along with being able to demonstrate your vast experience at Consultant Nephrologist level within the NHS which includes management experience within the NHS too.
What does the role involve?
- Represent the Global Medical Office function at country management level especially by creating transparency on clinical performance, medical surveillance and risk factors/management.
- Collaborate with Consultant Nephrologists and Medical Directors within NHS partnership Trusts in order to build and maintain relationships and professional communications
- Ensure the proper implementation of all relevant corporate strategies, policies (e.g. FME’s Quality Policy) and standards.
- Provide scientific-medical advice to the local marketing and business team and define the scientific-medical activities to support the local marketing and business plans.
- Support and provide education for clinical and non-clinical functions in the business to support more effective communications and interactions with internal and external parties (e.g. includes training of sales staff).
- Ensure compliance with legal and other external requirements including compliance with local safety and hygiene regulations
- Be required to travel to NephroCare clinics in the UK & Ireland and NHS Trust sites throughout the UK
What can we offer you?
Here at Fresenius Medical Care, we value the contribution of our people and ensure that we offer industry-leading rewards and progression.
We offer a competitive salary alongside a wealth of other fantastic benefits listed below:
- Car Allowance
- Bonus scheme – Based on completion of KPI’s and yearly objectives
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 33 Days Holiday (inclusive of 8 days bank holiday) increasing with service
- Bupa - Company paid health cash plan
- Long Service Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- bhsf RISE - our Health and Wellbeing hub 24/7 access to GP's and Counsellors
- iChoose – Employee saving scheme with great discounts including phone contracts
This is a full-time role of 37.5 hours, working Monday to Friday. This role is a hybrid role, although travel will be required to Fresenius places of business and to customer sites and therefore, a Full UK Driving Licence is essential. You may also be required to stay away from home including overseas on occasions. Our head office is based in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire where you will be required to attend meetings as and when needed.
Who is Fresenius Medical Care?
We are the leading provider of dialysis services to the NHS, operating 52 partnership dialysis units that together provide regular dialysis treatment to over 3,800 NHS patients in the UK. We are part of a global company treating over 344,000 patients worldwide across over 4,000 clinics.
We also operate 44 production sites on all continents to provide dialysis products such as dialysis machines, dialysers, and related disposables. 1 in every 2 of all dialysis machines used around the globe are manufactured by Fresenius Medical Care and we are the 3rd largest medical devices company in the world.
Medical Director posts will be subject to a Basic DBS Disclosure
Fresenius Medical Care is an equal opportunities employer
To Apply please click the Apply button.