The Eligible medical practitioners who move to Queensland from an interstate or international jurisdiction to take up permanent employment may receive up to $20,000 (pro rata) incentive payments under the Queensland Health Workforce Attraction Scheme
The Mental Health Service Group is currently seeking to recruit a Staff Specialist (Consultant Psychiatrist) to the Adult Mental Health Service on a permanent full-time basis.
- Provide high quality clinical and non-clinical services to benefit the patients of the Townsville Hospital and Health Service (THHS). This includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future.
- Position is available for specialist psychiatrist in the field of: o Adult Mental Health Services
- Lead and manage the provision of medical services in accordance with the standard of the speciality, the ethics of the profession and in accordance with the THHS and Queensland Health (QH) policies, in a hospital, community and outreach setting.
- Family-oriented lifestyle in a vibrant coastal regional city in sub-tropical North Queensland, with access to the various international attractions of Central, North and Far North Queensland.
Salary: Remuneration package of up to AU$522,648 p.a (+ other applicable allowances/benefits) comprising salary range of$7827.20 - $9924.00p.f. (L18 - L27), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development assistance (allowances and leave), and inaccessibility allowance (if applicable). Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification in Psychiatry, recognised by the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, and current registration with/or eligibility for registration as a Specialist with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Ongoing professional development relevant to the delivery of specialist Mental Health Services to maintain appropriate registration and/or association requirements is a requirement of all staff within the MHSG.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- 6-month probation period.
- All employees of the Mental Health Service Group may be required to work in other areas of the service.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Contact: Dr Roanna Byrnes on 07 4433 3049.
Apply ONLINE by: Sunday 22 October 2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will be accepted. Please apply using candidates name and details.
Job Ad Reference: TV513744
For further information and to apply please click the Apply button.