Applicants are invited to apply for a Clinical Fellow ST3+ post in Emergency Medicine for a fixed term period of 12 months.
This post is geared at doctors wanting to gain experience and responsibility in not just managing patients but managing a busy department (at Registrar level). The post holder under the direction of senior colleagues will undertake the below duties, these are not definitive and may be changed in accordance with the needs of the service.
We are a busy DGH Emergency Department that sees a wide variety of presentations (in both adult and paediatric). We deal with medical, surgical, orthopaedic, paediatric and trauma patients. These patients can present and be assessed in resus, majors, minors or paediatric ED.
The ED sees approx. 100,000 new attendances per year (approx. 1/4 paediatric). We have a modern, computerised department with PACS access for imaging. There is a separate Paediatric Emergency Department located adjacent to the main department. Main duties of the job
The Duties outlined below are not definitive and may be changed in accordance with the needs of the service. Clinical Duties:
- To be part of the Emergency Department Team at the Great Western Hospital.
- To see and treat patients presenting to the Emergency Department
- Participation in clinical audits.
- To contribute to undergraduate/post-graduate and continuing medical education activity.
- Conducting suitable duties in cases of emergencies and unforeseen circumstances
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are. We will expect your values and behaviours to reflect the STAR Values of the organisation: Service
We will put our patients firstTeamwork
We will work togetherAmbition
We will aspire to provide the best serviceRespect
We will act with integrity Job description Job responsibilities Management and Leadership Responsibilities:
All staff in each Directorate are managerially accountable through their Lead Clinician and to the Associate Medical Director, who has overall responsibility for the services within the Directorate. Clinical Fellow ST3+ level doctors are key members of the Directorate team and are accountable and responsible for following the changes to service that will improve the patient experience set out by senior members of the team.
Further details can be found on the attached job description.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- To support and supervise junior colleagues as appropriate.
- To contribute to the leadership and development under the direction of the Lead Clinician and Associate Medical Director and in line with the Trusts business plans.
- The post holder will ensure effective communication and involvement of staff across the Directorate including support to the Divisional Director to achieve their objectives.
- Work in partnership with colleagues in other Directorates within the Trust.
- Work within the Trusts framework for Clinical Governance and Risk, including the development of clinical policies and adherence to standing orders, standing financial instructions and financial procedures.
Clinical Experience Essential
- Fully registered with the GMC with licence to practise
- ALS provider status
Management Experience Essential
- Relevant experience within a specialty relevant to the role
- Applicable EM experience
- Expertise in full range of medical conditions
- Ability to help lead and supervise a multi-professional team and take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
Teaching and Research Essential
- Ability to manage priorities
- Leadership skills
- Experience of audit and management
- Flexible approach and Ability to lead project teams
- Ability to teach clinical skills to trainees/undergraduates and multi disciplinary teams
- Interest in leading multi-professional education
- Ability to supervise post-graduate research
Employer details Employer name
- Intermediate level IT skills
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
The Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.