London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWUH) and Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust are seeking a joint appointment of an enthusiastic and dynamic full-time Consultant Neurophysiologist working 5PAs as LNWUH and 5PAs at Imperial.
The Neurophysiology Department @ LNWUH is based at Central Middlesex Hospital and you will be working in a team with 1.6 WTE consultants and 2.6WTE well established senior clinical physiologists. The post-holder will provide neurophysiology services (adult and paediatric) to the three hospitals within the trust.The post holder will support the upcoming physiologist-led carpal tunnel clinics and be expected to provide training for them. Other duties include adult and paediatric EEG reporting (c22 per week).
Main duties of the job
This is a new post and the purpose of this post is to develop the Neurophysiology service at Central Middlesex Hospital. The post-holder will be required to deliver regular adult EMG clinics (c15 outpatients), referred from within the three hospitals located within the trust, as well as provide an ad-hoc portable EMG service for inpatients (1-3 per week). The post holder will support the upcoming physiologist- led carpal tunnel clinics and be expected to provide training for them. Other duties include adult and paediatric EEG reporting (c22 per week). We aim to improve and expand the current department to include ambulatory EEG and broaden electrophysiology services. The candidate will be encouraged to remain committed to continuous professional development, audit and revalidation. Mentorship will be arranged by the Trust on appointment. There are no on call duties within this post but if the candidate does work weekends, then suitable time will be agreed as time off in lieu.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
You will also be part of an innovative service at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. The post holder will be based at Charing Cross hospital and will be required to manage the provision and quality of the clinical neurophysiology services delivery across all trust sites. At Imperial, wehave a fully functioning, Neurophysiology department providing all the usual tests including, Electroencephalogram (EEG), Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS), Electromyography (EMG), and visual, Auditory and Somato-sensory Evoked Potentials for both inpatient and outpatients within the trust.
- MBBS or equivalent
- MRCP (UK) or On the Specialist Register in Neurophysiology (or within 3 months of date of interview)
Knowledge and Expertise
- Wide range of experience - including paediatrics and adult
Speciality / Sub-Speciality
- Higher Specialist Training in Neurophysiology
- Previous experience of training and education of undergraduates and postgraduates
- Leadership skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively.
- Ability to organise research and work within research governance procedures
- Ability to motivate and develop the multi-disciplinary team,
- balancing departmental and personal objectives.
- Ability to plan strategically and to exercise sound judgements when faced with conflicting pressures.