6 Months Fixed Term
The Trust is recruiting to a Trust Grade post in ENT for a fixed term of 6 months. A key component of the role is working with the ENT team to ensure the delivery of high quality of care of our patients.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will join a team of innovative surgeons and junior doctors working in the ENT Department within the London North West. The post will have an ENT resident emergency on call commitment on a 1:8 basis.
The post will be required to share with Consultant colleagues the responsibility of providing ENT outpatient and inpatient care for the local population and in doing so foster excellent working relationships within and outside the ENT Department.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
London Northwest Healthcare covers a large area of Northwest London, serving the people of Brent, Harrow and Ealing. The appointee will be given a fixed term contract of 6 months.
This is a junior grade role and the successful candidate will work in a team of consultants, junior doctors, physician associates and allied specialties.
To run the on call with the support of colleagues, registers and consultants.
There will the opportunity to gain theatre experience, as well teaching, research and audit opportunities.
On call accommodation will be provided for night on calls
The ward is covered on week days by foundation year doctors.
There will be the opportunity to sit in consultant led clinics
Run emergency clinics alongside GP spin doctors, physician associates and peers, with support from senior colleagues
- Broad based training in ENT and its subspecialties
- NHS experience within the last 3 years
- Energy and enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure within a team and independently