**Applications for Post Commencing February 2024**
This post is subject to an early closure date if there are a high number of applications, so you are advised to apply as soon as possible.
This post is part of an innovative and ongoing teaching initiative which seeks to professionalise clinical teaching, at the same time as allowing individuals to develop their own teaching skills and expertise in medical education. Suited to individuals with a keen interest in undergraduate teaching who wish to pursue a career in a teaching hospital. The post could be offered as a full time Clinical Teaching Fellow or a 50/50 post with varied roles and responsibilities in the established team structure. Which now form an important arm of the clinical teaching staff of Warwick Medical School's principal teaching hospital: the University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust.
This post is aimed at Postgraduate Doctors of all training grades from post FY2 up to senior level Doctors in Training who wish to strengthen their educational credentials and gain additional teaching experience. Every effort will be made to tailor each post to their overall clinical and career needs.
Main duties of the job
Appointees will be expected to contribute in the following areas:
- Original work on research projects of relevance to medical education. Fellows will have individual projects in their own areas. It is expected that this work should lead to presentations at appropriate professional meetings and publication in relevant journals.
- Responsible for delivering curriculum MbCHB across the 4 year Programme including the involvement in teaching, assessments pastoral care and quality assurance.
- Post holders are responsible for supporting the well-established Acute Block. This includes leading clinical simulation sessions and debrief, small group teaching and mentoring.
- Supporting the teaching within Phase 3 Specialty Clinical Placements (Musculoskeletal, Child Health, Women's Health, Care of Surgical Patient and Care of Medical Patient) within individual fellow's specialty areas.
- Delivering regular bedside teaching sessions.
- Assorted other educational activities which may vary according to the needs of the service. These will include organisation and participation in clinical exams, a revision course before finals, marking elective and other reports
This is not a training post and out of program permission will need to be obtained for those currently in training posts.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our skilled employees across our hospital sites in Coventry and Rugby, with high quality patient care positioned at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a national and international leader in healthcare.
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
There has never been a better time to join our team.
For further details around this Clinical Teaching Fellow post, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Skills & Abilities
Commitment to Trust Values and Behaviours