Salaried GP - 5-8 sessions
Weaver Vale practice is a friendly well organised teaching practice with 9,200 patients.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic aspiring caring GP to join us to help shape and develop the practice for the future.
The role is to cover a minimum of 6 sessions, but we are flexible around the number of sessions.
We are based in a large purpose-built health centre, shared with another general practice, with an integral pharmacy, district nurses and health visitors on site. We are adjacent to Halton General Hospital in Runcorn and are in easy reach of Liverpool, Manchester, and North Wales.
We are a committed supportive practice and positively encourage development of additional skills and personal development. We strive to maintain a good work life balance, by offering flexibility around the working day, regularly reviewing administrative workload, and capped 25 appointments per day in line with BMA recommendations. Lunchtime clinical team huddle with coffee, to provide support.
- 5-8 sessions a week (to include pro rata share of extended hours surgery)
- 6 weeks annual leave and 2 weeks study leave per year.
- Traditional doctor – patient relationship. Continuity of care is positively encouraged with fair share of admin.
- No out of hours or weekend commitment
- Well organised multidisciplinary team conducting home visits, medication letters and queries, and admin support to help minimise workload.
- Well-being practice with full complement of allied health professionals to support delivery of care to patients.
- Mentorship from senior GPs
- Full contraceptive services provided with an opportunity to develop these skills.
- Opportunity to become involved in teaching and practice development.
- Protected time each month to undertake some practice development eg GSF, child health, safeguarding, if interested .
- Good links with Runcorn PCN and other local practices.
- CQC rated good with outstanding leadership
Informal visits welcome.
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV to Dawn Randles, Practice Manager, via the Apply button. Tel: 01928 711911.