Prof Director Eating Disorders, Monash Health
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and highly experience Director of Eating Disorders to join our Mental Health Program. This is a joint appointment between Monash University and Monash Health
About Mental Health at Monash Health
The Mental Health program aims to deliver high quality mental health care to people living in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. The Mental Health Program is organised into the following and each has a designated Operations Director and Unit Head working in partnership together and have Operational Managers and local Team Managers across all services within the program:
- Casey Adult Mental Health Services (Casey AMHS)
- Dandenong Adult Mental Health Services (Dandenong AMHS)
- Clayton Adult Mental Health Services (Clayton AMHS)
- Early in Life Mental Health Services (ELMHS)
- Young Persons Mental Health Services (YPMHS)
- Monash Health Drug and Alcohol Services (MHDAS)
- Agile Psychological Medicine Clinics, including Agile Complex Mood Clinics and Cognitive Processing Therapy Clinics for PTSD
- Wellness and Recovery Centre
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression (MBCT)
About the Role
The Unit Director of Eating Disorders will be an integral part of the Program Leadership group, having a key role in leading eating disorders services within Monash Mental Health Program. In addition, they will be asked to facilitate and be involved in major clinical or redesign projects in eating disorders services as required to meet the Programs strategic objectives. Reporting to the Program Director and it is envisaged that the Unit Director will be able to contribute up to 0.5 FTE of their time towards leadership, administration, and research Clinical Support duties with the balance of their time at Monash Health being within their normal clinical duties.
- Clinical and Administrative leadership eating disorders services
- Supervision of junior and senior medical staff
- Clinical duties in eating disorders
- Support research within eating disorders service
This position will be a joint appointment with Monash University.
Please take the opportunity to find out more about Monash Health and its extraordinary journey to date, and challenges ahead. This opportunity is well suited to those who place a high value on planning and delivering health service transformation to meet the current and future health and wellbeing needs of the communities within the Monash Health catchment.
We invite you to pursue this exciting and important role with Monash Health.
Details of the Role
Hours: Full time (38 hours per week) plus on call
Employment: Fixed term full time
Period: Five years (renewable)
To be successful within this role, you will already have a well-developed research profile, within eating disorders research, but with demonstrated experience across the healthcare setting. You will have a track record of successful supervision of postgraduate research students.
- Your dedication to safe best practice and quality care
- An unwavering commitment to delivering patient centred care
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude to your work, compassion and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team
- Motivated to be accountable for and manage specific portfolios in our relentless pursuit of excellence
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
For a confidential discussion and to explore the opportunity further, please call: Megan Galbally, Program Director Mental Health on 0402125097 Email: Megan.Galbally@monashhealth.org
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click the Apply button