Unit Director Perinatal and Women’s Mental Health, Monash
About Mental Health at Monash Health
The Mental Health program aims to deliver high quality mental health care to people living in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne.
The Mental Health Program is organised into the following and each has a designated Operations Director and Unit Head working in partnership together and have Operational Managers and local Team Managers across all services within the program:
- Casey Adult Mental Health Services (Casey AMHS)
- Dandenong Adult Mental Health Services (Dandenong AMHS)
- Clayton Adult Mental Health Services (Clayton AMHS)
- Early in Life Mental Health Services (ELMHS)
- Young Persons Mental Health Services (YPMHS)
- Monash Health Drug and Alcohol Services (MHDAS)
- Agile Psychological Medicine Clinics, including Agile Complex Mood Clinics and Cognitive Processing Therapy Clinics for PTSD
- Wellness and Recovery Centre
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression (MBCT)
About the Role
The Unit Director of Perinatal and Women’s Mental Health will be an integral part of the Program Leadership group, having a key role inleading eating disorders services within Monash Mental Health Program. In addition, they will be asked to facilitate and be involved in major clinical or redesign projects in perinatal and women’s mental health as required to meet the Programs strategic objectives. Reporting to the Program Director and it is envisaged that the Unit Director will be able to contribute up to 0.5 FTE of their time towards leadership, administration, and research Clinical Support duties with the balance of their time at Monash Health being within their normal clinical duties.
- Clinical and Administrative leadership perinatal and women’s mental health service
- Supervision of junior and senior medical staff
- Clinical duties in perinatal and women’s mental health
- Support research within Centre for Women’s and Children’s Mental Health in perinatal and women’s mental health
Please take the opportunity to find out more about Monash Health and its extraordinary journey to date, and challenges ahead. This opportunity is well suited to those who place a high value on planning and delivering health service transformation to meet the current and future health and wellbeing needs of the communities within the Monash Health catchment.
We invite you to pursue this exciting and important role with Monash Health.
Details of the role
Hours: Full time (38 hours per week) plus on call
Period: Five years (renewable)
To be successful within this role, you will already have a well-developed career in perinatal and women’s mental health with demonstrated experience across the healthcare setting. Your dedication to safe best practice and quality care.
- An unwavering commitment to delivering patient centred care
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude to your work, compassion and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team
- Motivated to be accountable for and manage specific portfolios in our relentless pursuit of excellence
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted if they are submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System (e-recruit).
For a confidential discussion and to explore the opportunity further, please call: Megan Galbally, Program Director Mental Health on 0402125097 Email: Megan.Galbally@monashhealth.org
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click the Apply button