South Bucks Primary Care Network
Base Location:Burnham Health Centre
Salary -�38,890- �44,503 salary depending on experience
Working hours:37.5 hours per week/ part time considered
33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Physician Associates to join our developing primary care network team within the South Bucks PCN at Burnham, we would welcome applications from qualified, newly qualified or due to qualify PAs later this year. With a willingness to working under supervision of a doctor as part of our medical team. We provide high quality support to our patients and are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the team to support us in achieving this. Main duties of the job
Our team is made up of dynamic, innovative and caring clinicians, care coordinators, social prescribers, physician associates and clinical pharmacists and we are looking for someone with a similar outlook.
We are looking for a collaborative and innovative physician associate to work closely with the existing physician associate(s) and clinical teams to deliver patient care. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop clinical skills in a positive and excellence focussed environment, working under appropriate clinical supervision to increase access of quality care for patients.
The responsibilities of the role include direct patient contact through assessment, examination, investigation, diagnosis and treatment and will play a key role in continuity of care for patients with long-term conditions. About us
FedBucks is a federation of 45 GP practices covering a population of over 485,000 patients across Buckinghamshire. We began in 2016 and now employ around 200 members of staff across our head office sites, and our planned and unplanned care services.
As a GP Federation, we are proud to represent our member practices and to champion primary care by working with local general practice and system partners in the provision of community-based healthcare services. We provide safe and compassionate care to our patients across our range of planned and unplanned healthcare services in Buckinghamshire and believe in continuous commitment to quality service delivery and positive patient outcomes.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves in ensuring our patients feel safe, supported, communicated with, and respected, at a time when they may be feeling vulnerable. Our vision is to provide high quality, seamless health care that enables people to lead healthier lives, whilst feeling supported and cared for. Job description Job responsibilities
Person Specification Experience Essential
- provide first point of contact care for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems by utilising history-taking, physical examinations and clinical decision-making skills to establish a working diagnosis and management plan in partnership with the patient (and their carers where applicable).
- contribute to the clinical development of the PCN through appropriate systems to manage common chronic medical conditions, ensuring compliance with national guidelines and other quality initiatives as require
- support the management of patients conditions through offering specialised clinics following appropriate training including (but not limited to) family planning, baby checks, COPD, asthma, diabetes, and anticoagulation.
- provide health/disease promotion and prevention advice, alongside analysing and actioning diagnostic test results.
- develop integrated patient-centred care through appropriate wording with the wider primary care multi-disciplinary team and social care networks.
- utilise clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice and partake in clinical audits, significant event reviews and other research and analysis tasks.
- Evidence of UK Physician Associate (PA) National Re-Certification Exam, which needs to be retaken every six years.
- Willing to working under supervision of a doctor as part of the medical team.
- Understanding of NHS long term plan and priorities relevant to primary care
- Local knowledge of community healthcare and social care
Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Completed a post-graduate physician associate course (either PG Diploma or MSc)
- Maintained professional registration with the Faculty of Physician Associates and/or the General Medical council following implementation of statutory regulation, working within the latest code of professional conduct (CIPD).
Employer details Employer name
- Capacity to be innovative and develop the role of a physician associate
- Ability to work with a range of clinical and non-clinical personnel as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a high degree of motivation
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate information to patients in an appropriate manner, using well developed empathy skills
- Understanding of the current issues facing primary care team.
FedBucks Ltd Address
Burnham Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.