Waltham Forest Federated GP Network are supporting the Primary Care Networks established across the borough to recruit Physician Associates. Main duties of the job
The Physician Associate is a trained healthcare professional who works directly under the supervision of a doctor as part of the medical team. They are usually generalists with broad medical knowledge but can develop expertise/specialisms in a particular field. The responsibilities of the role include direct patient contact through assessment, examination, investigation, diagnosis and treatment. The Physician Associate will have a key role in supporting the delivery of the new Network Contract DES Service specifications. About us
WF GP FedNet is a not-for-profit Federation of 36 GP Practices in Waltham Forest. We are a private limited company who provides NHS Services based in Primary Care, pooling the skills and resources of local GPs to provide large scale services as part of the local NHS Strategy to bring more services into the Community to help people stay well and at home. Job description Job responsibilities
The Physician Associate will:
- Provide first point of contact for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems.
- Take comprehensive patient histories and providing physical examinations, they will establish a working diagnosis and management plan (in partnership with the patient).
- Consult and refer patients to other appropriate healthcare professionals both internally and externally as required.
- Deliver integrated patient centred-care through appropriate working with the wider primary care and social care networks.
- Undertake home visits and clinical audits.
- Participate in all treatment and preventative healthcare services in the practice as delegated and agreed by the supervising clinicians(s).
- Recommend and explain appropriate diagnostic tests and treatment.
- Request and interpret results of laboratory investigations when necessary.
- Instruct and educate patients in preventative health care.
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and complete all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes.
- Contribute to the clinical development of the practice by developing a special interest and to help establish appropriate systems to manage common chronic medical conditions, ensuring compliance with NSF guidelines, QOF and other quality initiatives as required.
Person Specification Skills Essential
- Support the management of patients conditions through offering
- specialised clinics following appropriate training including (but not limited to) family planning, baby checks, COPD, asthma, diabetes, and anticoagulation
- Provide health/disease promotion and prevention advice, alongside analysing and actioning diagnostic test results
- Develop integrated patient-centred care through appropriate wording with the wider primary care multi-disciplinary team and social care networks
- utilise clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice and partake in clinical audits, significant event reviews and other research and analysis tasks
- participate in duty rotas undertaking face-to-face, telephone, and online consultations for emergency or routine problems as determined by the PCN, including management of patients with long-term conditions
- Undertake home visits when required
- Develop and agree a personal development plan (PDP) utilising a reflective approach to practice, operating under appropriate clinical supervision.
- - Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of all relevant and related aspects of anatomy and physiology
- - Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of General Practice conditions, treatments and Pharmacology. Ability to support Doctors in decision making
- - Ability to work both autonomously and in a team.
- - Ability to liaise effectively with the wider healthcare community.
- - Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively.
- - Ability to exercise sound judgement when faced with conflicting pressures.
- - Experienced or new Physician Associate graduate with associated clinical experience
- - Experience of working within a primary care environment
- - Experience of preventative medicine and management of patients with long term conditions and complex needs
- - Experience of seeing, assessing and treating acutely unwell people presenting in primary care
- - Certification of passing the PA National Examination
- - Member of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the RCP, including registration on the PA Managed Voluntary Register
- - MSc Degree / PgD in Physician Associate Studies
- - BA/BSc degree prior to undertaking PA program
Employer details Employer name
- - Sound It Knowledge including use of clinical system
- - An awareness of current developments and initiatives in Primary care
Waltham Forest Federated GP Network Address
500 Larkshall Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.