An opportunity has arisen within the Diagnostic Imaging Service at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust for a Musculoskeletal Radiologist. The post will support increasing workload commitments and reporting requirements.
The successful applicants will provide a full range of general radiology including CT, MRI, Plain film and Ultrasound.
The department at Wexham Park Hospital is currently being refurbished with state of the art equipment.
There is a strong focus on providing Safe and Compassionate care to our patients and opportunities are available to learn, develop and expand your career. We believe that providing excellent education, training and development for our staff is essential.
The post is based mainly at Wexham Park Hospital, with sessions at Heatherwood Hospital. The post holder will be required to participate in the on call service at the acute site based at Wexham Park. Main duties of the job
- To provide a good general radiology service in particular for MSK services.
- To deliver clinical and quality targets both local and national
- Provide continued care both in the inpatient and outpatient setting for this patient group.
- Supporting a complex patient MDT.
- To have excellent team working skills and a professional attitude to work.
- To participate in medical audit and research
The successful applicant should possess FRCR (or equivalent) and should be included on the Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCT at the time of interview. About us There's never been a more exciting time to build your career at Frimley Health, one of the country's largest and most respected trusts
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (FHFT) has an outstanding reputation and a proud record of achievement. We have an ongoing commitment to improving the health and care services for the 900,000 people we serve across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
We continue to invest in our services and facilities, including a 10 million upgrade to the hospital maternity unit as well as 49m major new Emergency Assessment Centre on our Wexham Park site. The opening of a brand new 100m state of the art hospital which replaced the existing hospital facility at Heatherwood and are planning to invest further in diagnostics and inpatient capacity at Frimley Park.
We have also made significant investment in our quality improvement and digital programmes to support our vision and we will ensure that we achieve our aim of providing the highest quality healthcare to our patients. Our new EPR - Epic - went live in June and we are already beginning to reap the benefits of this ambitious investment.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other.
If you have a passion for clinical excellence, patient care and your own career development, you'll feel at home at Frimley Health. Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information regarding the role.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Full GMC Registration
- FRCR or equivalent
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Radiation e.g. IRMER
- Knowledge of latest RCR and Nice guidance
- Able to evaluate own Radiological practice
- Effective team player
- Ability to organise an ddevelop service provision
- A wide experience of all aspects of general Radiology
- Experience in MSK imaging
- Understands principals of Clinical Governance and evidence based practice
Employer details Employer name
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust Address
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.