North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust is seeking to appoint a Trust Doctor at registrar level based at the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle. This post would be particularly suitable for anyone post membership who is seeking to gain further experience prior to applying for a competitive training program in any medical specialty including clinical pharmacology. It may also be suitable for someone looking for locum work for a minimum of one year, but would like some job stability.
Main duties of the job
A brief summary of the duties include:
- Day to day management of the inpatients Willow A ward as well as reviewing Hypertension clinic referrals
- Participation in Clinical Pharmacology out-patient clinics
- Supervision of junior doctors
- Teaching of junior doctors and medical students
- Provision of out of hours and on-call cover in acute/general internal medicine (Medical Registrar on call), currently 1:14 rota
- Review of referrals requested by other physician or surgical teams
- Responding to queries from general practitioners and dealing with correspondence and results
- Attend Medicine optimisation committee meetings and liaise with the pharmacy team to provide leadership within the Trust on pharmacology related matters
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Please see attached job description for further details.
We recommend contacting Dr Nirmalan Arulanantham if you are interesting in the post.
- Full registration with the General Medical Council with licence to practice at time of application
- Completed internal medicine Stage 1 training
- Post-graduate teaching experience/qualification
- Presentation/ publications
- Distinctions, prizes, awards, scholarships.
- Other degrees Higher degrees MRCP
- Appropriate Foundation training and Core Training experience
- ALS provider
- Sound knowledge of both general and acute medicine and evidence of an understanding of their application
- Capacity to apply sound clinical knowledge relevant to the job
- Experience in making clinical decisions and managing risk. Knows when to seek help, able to prioritise clinical need
- Shows aptitude for practical skills required in the job
- Proven ability to work effectively in different clinical settings required in the job
- Specialist relevant to the post
- Clinical Governance
- Completed at least 2 years full-time training after foundation years in CMT/IMT or equivalent medical specialties experience (or 18 months if MRCP diploma achieved). Must have participated in unselected acute medical take on ongoing basis within past 6-12 months.
- Demonstrated experience of working effectively in a multi-professional team, values the input of other professionals in the team
- Capacity to work co-operatively with others and demonstrate leadership when appropriate
- Capacity to use logical/lateral thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Experience in Any medical specialty
- An understanding of evidence based medicine
- Good communication (written and verbal)
- Able to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Teaching - clear, articulate
- Able to work flexibly with colleagues including the night rota. Ability to organise and prioritise workload and delegate responsibilities
- Ability to maintain accurate and legible records
- Ability to motivate and support multidisciplinary team