We have an exciting opportunities for a cheerful, friendly and focused individuals to join our teams of experienced Clinicians. The successful post holder will be based at across our busy practices in Knowsley. Main duties of the job
Responsible for own workload, including audit and project work, and training sessions for members of the medicines management team, practice team, community pharmacy team, community nurse team, patients, carers, etc. To develop and facilitate a good working relationship with community pharmacists and other local providers of healthcare.To maintain and develop professional competence and expertise, keep up to date with medical/therapeutic evidence and opinion, and local and national service, legislation and policy developments, agree objectives and a personal development plan and participate in the appraisal process About us
We are progressive and friendly GP training Practices and are offering an exciting opportunity to work with us across our locations, in the heart of the Knowsley.
We have committed teams consisting of the following roles - GPs, nurses, HCA and Nurse Associates, pharmacist ,first contact physio, paramedic, and admin members.
We commend ourselves on our team spirit and ethos and whilst working under immense pressure, we deliver care of a high standard.
We are fortunate to work in excellent premises which have been extended and updated, it is a positive place of work Job description Job responsibilities
Participate in all treatment and preventative healthcare services in the Practice as delegated and agreed by the supervising physician(s).
Provide direct clinical care to patients using established clinical guidelines.
Interview patients, take medical histories, perform physical examinations, analyse, diagnose and explain medical problems during surgery consultations and home visits.
Recommend and explain appropriate diagnostic tests and treatment.
Request and interpret results of laboratory investigations when necessary.
Consult and refer patients to physicians, medical specialists and other health professionals as appropriate in primary and secondary care or in the community.
Instruct and educate patients in all matters relating to their physical and mental health. This may include medication, diet, social habits, contraception, lifestyle and preventative health care.
Conduct telephone consultations which may involve discussing the results and implications of laboratory investigations with patients.
Fully document all aspects of patient care and complete all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes.
Work with a supervising physician to visit, assess and provide care for residents of nursing home linked to the Practice.
Participate fully in the clinicians duty rota including the provision of home visits when appropriate.
Work as part of one of the clinical teams within the practice.
Contribute to the clinical development of the Practice by developing a special interest and to establish appropriate systems to manage common chronic medical conditions, ensuring compliance with current accepted national guidelines. This would include carrying out audits and contributing to the development of practice policies.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- University Degree
- Must be a Member of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the RCP, which includes registration on the UK Physician Associate Register (the PA Managed Voluntary Register) until statutory regulation of PAs is achieved.
- Current and valid certification or re-certification by the UK Physician
- Associate National Examination.
- Experience of working in health services
- Experience of working in general practice as a physician associate.
- Experience of working with doctors/general practitioners and advance health care professionals and making clinical decisions for diagnosis and treatment.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of different health and social care organisations
- Good clinical judgement
- Good information technology skills
- Able to work as an independent health care professional and as a member of the clinical team
- Able to prioritise and organise workload effectively and efficiently
- Good communicator with patients, family, carers and other health and social care professionals
- Experience of working in a primary care environment
- Experience of working as a Physician Associate
- Experience in triage
- Experience of dealing with a range of clinical conditions
Employer details Employer name
- Experience of working in a GP practice
Primary Care Knowsley Address
Cornerways Medical Centre
Woolfall Heath Avenue
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.