What do you get?
What do we need?
- Competitive salary
- Full or part time (please state your ideal hours per week).
We are looking for an engaged, positive, friendly, hard-working and resilient individual to join our clinical team at Alvanley Family Practice.
We're working in an area with a very busy day-to-day operation, so we need someone flexible and resilient.
We're looking for a Physician Associate to support with a mixture of minor illness, long term condition review, and supporting with day to day paperwork/admin. Don't worry if you don't have direct experience of these - we know the importance of good supervision and have a history of supporting newer clinicians into their roles.
This information is subject to change over time. We don't anticipate it changing, but in the future we may need to update how we operate to match changing patient demand.How to Apply
Please apply using the portal. The deadline is Sunday 1st October 2023.
We would strongly
encourage all applicants to contact us for an informal discussion before applying.
For an informal discussion/visit please contact: email@example.com. Main duties of the job A Typical Day
- Seeing patients for a variety of consultations - minor illness, long term condition review.
- Supporting with clinical admin(lab reports, prescriptions, clinical letters etc.)
Alvanley Family Practice is part of Woodley Health Centre, in a desirable area close to the M60. We have very high rates of QOF achievement, and excellent patient survey results.
We feel our relationship with our patients makes us unique. We have a long-running and well established set of Patient Champions, and have a range of community schemes alongside our patients including a walking group and an allotment. We find these schemes have helped solidify our place in the community, and encourage a wider range of patients to engage with our services.
We have just over 6,000 patients on our list, so we are a busy practice. Our partners and management team are highly focused on using technology to allow colleagues across the building to work smarter, and this is an ongoing journey for us.
We are a training practice so have experience in helping to guide newer members of the profession through the early stages we also have a number of highly experienced colleagues so the role would be suitable for someone at any stage in their qualified GP career. Job description Job responsibilities Delivering a high standard of patient care using advanced autonomous clinical skills with in-depth theoretical knowledge and evidence based practiceManaging a clinical caseloadDealing with presenting patients needs in a primary care setting Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Qualified Physician Associate with appropriate registration
- Appropriate defence indemnity
- Eligibility to perform in the UK
- Experience of working in primary care
- Experience of commitment to continued professional development
- General understanding of how a GP practice works
Employer details Employer name
- Experience of long term condition reviews
- Experience of dealing with minor illnesses
- Experience of supporting with lab reports / clinical letters (with appropriate supervision)
- Understanding of the wider context of primary care and its role in the NHS
Alvanley Family Practice Address
Woodley Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.