Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust (HRCH) in partnership with the five Hounslow PCNs and the Hounslow GP Consortium has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Physician Associate to work in our developing integrated teams and lead our Physician Associate team in Hounslow Health Primary Care Network (PCN)..
Are you dynamic, professionally driven, enthusiastic Senior Physician Associate?
The role will require you to provide strong clinical leadership, supervision and guidance to Physician Associates within the PCN and may support operational management of Physician Associates across the Hounslow PCNs. Main duties of the job
Hounslow Primary and Community Care are working through an innovative approach to collaboration to achieve the best possible outcomes for our patients.
The Senior Physician Associate will be part of a PCN working into a group of practices with links into community via HRCH.
- Working within General Practice part of your role may involve case finding and support for those living with complex frailty and their families and carers.
- Support clinical delivery of practice and PCN requirements alongside GPs and other practice staff.
- Critical to this role is facilitating early interventions, to support the maximum quality of life helping General Practice to respond earlier.
At HRCH, we only want to provide the type of outstanding care that we would recommend to our family and friends. We provide community healthcare and urgent treatment services for over 515,000 people living across the London boroughs of Hounslow and Richmond-Upon-Thames.
In the latest NHS Staff Survey results for community trusts, we had the highest percentage of staff in the country who felt their role made a difference to patients. We also had top scores for satisfaction with the quality of care staff can deliver.
We are the top community trust in the country for Staff engagement, Quality of care and Quality of appraisals, according to the theme results in the 2019 staff survey.
In 2018 we were named 'Best Place to Work for Employee Satisfaction' by the Nursing Times and won the HSJ Workforce Award.
Our job is all about people and we believe that staff who feel valued and supported deliver better outcomes for our patients, so we invest in our people and their ideas. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details. Previous applicants that have applied in the past 3 months need not reapply.
For further information please contact:
Clinical Services Manager for Hounslow Specialist Integrated ServicesPerson Specification Qualifications Essential
- Relevant healthcare undergraduate degree
- Post graduate diploma / Masters Physician Associate course from an accredited UK university or if US trained: Current and valid certification with the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Member of the Faculty of Physician Associates, which includes registration on PAMVR (Physician associate managed voluntary register) until such time that statutory regulation is achieved
- Current and valid certification / recertification by UK PA National Examination
- Demonstrate an understanding of clinical governance
- Extended and advanced clinical knowledge base
- Management of patients with common acute and Chronic medical conditions
- Understanding of the current medical issues and challenges facing primary care and the NHS as a whole
- Experience of initiating and implementing changes to services
- Experience of providing Clinical Supervision
- Experience in clinical team management including performance management
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Working in General Practice / Community healthcare role
- Clinical examination skills
- Excellent ability to assess, diagnose, manage and treat patients from new-borns up to elderly
- Ability to work well within a team
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify and resolve clinical issues
Personal Attributes Essential
- Management of complex conditions, palliative and frailty patients
Employer details Employer name
- Able to reflect and critically appraise own performance
- Has a positive attitude to change and is prepared to work flexibly to meet the need of people and the service
- Willingness to learn and implememt new ways of working, including using digital solutions with patients and in the operation of the service
Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Healthcare Trust Address
Heart of Hounslow
92 BATH ROAD
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.