- New Starter package of 15,000 spread over 3 years as a retention bonus
- supported by a 12,000 relocation allowance
- roles also attract a loyalty Scheme Bonus of 2,500 over the subsequent 5 years of service
- CPD of 2,000 per annum with the facility accumulate annual funding for up to three years to accommodate accessing higher cost development opportunities
- 'Holiday of a lifetime scheme': Consultants and SASG doctors can bank/accrue annual leave over a period of up to 5 years, to facilitate an extended period of leave. The scheme enables the opportunity for planning a 'holiday of a lifetime' or extended paid break
As part of transforming community based mental health services and integrating mental and physical health care, the Norfolk and Waveney System has approved the funding of 2.5 Consultant Psychiatrists to work across Primary Care Networks, providing advice, guidance and clinical expertise to GPs and other clinicians and medical colleagues working in the community to support patients with moderately complex mental health needs.
As part of the NHS Long Term Plan ambitions and the Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Strategy we are seeking to develop an integrated bio-psycho-social approach to the provision of health care in the community - specifically helping to bridge the current gaps in provision between Primary and Secondary care mental health services, improve patient flow and create clear care pathways for moderately complex MH conditions.
Main duties of the job
Adult community mental health services are concerned with the care of people with a variety of significant mental health problems. Referral to the service is via Primary care and also Acute wards and the Crisis Resolution team.
The substantive role is seen as critical to the success of the broader ambition which is to create a multi-disciplinary approach to the provision of mental health treatment, care, and support to people whose needs are too complex for Primary Care but do not require the full multidisciplinary, care planned approach provided in Secondary MH Services.
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust provides child and adult mental health services, learning disability, wellbeing and eating disorder services across Norfolk and Suffolk.
We are also offering:
- Up to 12k relocation expenses
- Access to 2000 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
- Friendly Colleagues
- Encouragement and support for areas of special interest
- Subsidised gyms and free physio service
- We have a strong education reputation and close ties with both The University of Cambridge and The University of East Anglia
- Well established county wide teaching program
- Access and encouragement to partake in research and a well-established research network within the Trust
- Support for Quality Improvement, Audit and Service development
- Forward thinking, clinically lead and innovative trust
- Flexibility can be considered for a degree of remote working
If you are interested please contact us and we are happy to arrange a discussion or visit to meet with you and share with you what we have to offer. Please see attached Job Description for full details.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Allen Kharbteng firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved Clinician Status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.