We are looking to recruit 2 Consultant Anaesthetist with an interest in the follow areas of in special interest
1. Obstetric and Regional Anaesthesia2. General and Vascular Anaesthesia
These vacancies have risen due to a combination retirements and service expansion. The successful applicants will join an existing team of 43 consultants, 6 speciality doctors and 37 junior doctors.
Main duties of the job
Provision of direct clinical care as stated in the Job description and on call consultant cover for weekday and weekend out of hours .
Provision of Clinical and educational supervision for trainee Anaesthetist
Participation and contribution to the department and the Trust's clinical governance activities.
NGH is one of the largest employers in the area and all of our divisions are committed to doing things better, with more efficiency as we update, modernise, and advance. We have also entered into a Group Model with neighbouring Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Being a large DGH with a proud history, we are big enough to get interesting cases, but small enough to care, coach and develop. With over 200 consultants, a similar number of trainees and approximately 60medical undergraduates throughout the year, NGH provides comprehensive care and extensive training opportunities.
With this in mind, we have built a state of the art emergency assessment unit (Nye Bevan building) and are developing new ways of working to streamline in-patient care and optimize working with our partners.
NGH also has a large library, gym with swimming pool, and a brand new entrance with Marks and Spencer, Subway and Costa on site.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details and information.
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration
- Eligibility for entry or entered the GMC specialist Register in Anaesthesia
- FRCA or Equivalent
- CCT or CESR in Anaesthesia or within 6 months of the interview
- Membership of specialist societies
- Further postgraduate qualifications in or allied to anaesthesia
- Anaesthetic management of a wide range of head and neck, vascular, obstetric, general, orthopaedic, emergency, trauma, and major surgery with the completion of higher training module set out by the RCOA old curriculum or Level 3 of the current curriculum.
- Advanced training module or Specialist Interest area module of the new curriculum in Regional Obstetric anaesthesia for Job Plan 1
- Vascular Anaesthesia \ Higher or advanced module or SIA equivalent for Job plan 2
- Commitment to team working
- Good organisational skills and punctuality
- Good written, verbal, and aural communication skills
- Caring attitude towards colleagues
- Appropriate leadership development courses and structured activities
- Willingness to work as a member of the wider trust
- Awareness of current service development opportunities and challenges
- Willingness to share administrative responsibilities
- Desire to further develop in the appointed post and contribute to the service development
Audit & Research
- Experience of audit and quality improvement project
- Willingness to actively in the departments audit and quality improvement
- Presentation at recognised national and or international meetings.
- Published or ongoing relevant research
- Experience of and commitment to postgraduate teaching
- Experience of and commitment to undergraduate teaching
- Understanding of current education processes and requirements for training in Anaesthesia and ITU
- Evidence of attendance at anaesthesia meetings
- Medical education qualification
- Evidence of training in teaching
- Evidence of achieving GMC standards Educational Supervisor role