- New Starter package of 15,000 spread over 3 years as a retention bonus
- supported by a 12,000 relocation allowance
- roles also attract a loyalty Scheme Bonus of 2,500 over the subsequent 5 years of service
- CPD of 2,000 per annum with the facility accumulate annual funding for up to three years to accommodate accessing higher cost development opportunities
- 'Holiday of a lifetime scheme': Consultants and SASG doctors can bank/accrue annual leave over a period of up to 5 years, to facilitate an extended period of leave. The scheme enables the opportunity for planning a 'holiday of a lifetime' or extended paid break
We are delighted to offer the opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Mental Health Liaison Team in our West and South Norfolk Care Group, based from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Kings Lynn.
You will play a key role in the multi-disciplinary team, as a clinical leader, in the care of people presenting to hospital with a mental health need, through your expertise and innovative approach, in a team committed to continuous improvement.
Main duties of the job
As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will also support care for people receiving support under the Mental Health Act, as Responsible Clinician under Section 12. Through the trusts 5 year plan and beyond, our mission is to achieve positive mental health by providing safe, effective trusted services together with our partners.
We believe in recovery and wellbeing, and understand the importance of good health, maintaining relationships and achieving a balance between treatment, intervention and continuing an active life.
The people we serve, and their families and carers are at the centre of all aspects of all we do.
The Mental Health Liaison Team provides specialist assessment, diagnosis, treatment and care to adults with a mental health need in the acute hospital setting.
You will join an MDT with links to the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment team, community mental health teams and the inpatient services.
We are also offering:
- Up to 12k relocation expenses
- Access to 2000 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
- Friendly Colleagues
- Encouragement and support for areas of special interest
- Subsidised gyms and free physio service
- We have a strong education reputation and close ties with both The University of Cambridge and The University of East Anglia
- Well established county wide teaching program
- Access and encouragement to partake in research and a well-established research network within the Trust
- Support for Quality Improvement, Audit and Service development
- Forward thinking, clinically lead and innovative trust
- Flexibility can be considered for a degree of remote working
This is an established post, arising due to the retirement of the current post holder. The post holder will provide Consultant input to the Mental Health Liaison Service for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) in Kings Lynn.
Full Job Description and Person Specification attached.
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved Clinician Status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.