Blackpool Teaching Hospitals is an acute hospital with many community supporting functions across the Fylde Coast and wider Lancashire. Blackpool Hospital sits within Blackpool itself close to the picturesque Stanley Park and within walking distance of the town centre. Blackpool has a highly transient population due to being a very busy seaside resort, which makes this role both unique and challenging for the right candidate.
It is an exciting time to become part of the Blackpool Teaching Hospitals Family as we embark on a transformational change journey in the way which we provide services to our patient's and their families across the ICS. Main duties of the job
There are a number of wards within the acute hospital setting dedicated to Care of The Older Person, however the Trust will also have a number of outliers across other medical wards in the hospital. We also have a rehabilitation hospital based in another seaside resort of St. Annes on the Sea. The Division boasts a revolutionary extensive care service as part of our community services, which provides support to our elderly local population in the community setting. In addition to this service the Trust is also in early stages of introducing a front door frailty service and robust programme with other stakeholders across the Integrated Care System (ICS). The Trust is currently developing its Emergency Department and introducing a Same Day Emergency Care Unit (SDEC). About us
The Trust's mission is Together We Care which encompasses the strategic vision for operating as a high performing organisation within an Integrated Care System (ICS), which provides quality, safe and effective care. This will be achieved in a financially sustainable way through our values-driven, skilled and motivated workforce: People-centred
- Serving people is the focus of everything we do Positive
- having a can do response whatever the situation Compassion
- always demonstrating we care Excellence
- continually striving to provide the best care possible.
Our Values are drivers for the behaviours that all our staff strive to demonstrate.
The values and behaviours have been and continue to be embedded and communicated across the organisation via a number of initiatives - including our recruitment processes, corporate induction, team briefings, meetings, appraisals and our annual awards ceremony. Job description Job responsibilities
You will be part of a medical consultant team and supported by a team of junior and trainee medical staff. In addition we have a variety of other Clinical support teams who we work alongside through an MDT approach to care ensuring the best possible outcomes for our patients. Our multi-disciplinary team in Geriatric Medicine is highly motivated and friendly and they have worked together towards establishing frailty and geriatric services in this Trust. We now want to continue building on this positive work by assessing more frail patients at the front door, thus improving patient outcomes.
We have developed a video with some of our key roles within the Directorate to tell you in their words what it is like working for Blackpool Teaching Hospitals within the attached link:
Whether you aspire to set down some roots in a seaside resort or in one of our more rural towns across the Fylde Coast, there are plenty of good local schools and some very competitive house prices to allow you to maximise your NHS salary to get an excellent standard of living. Preston City Centre is only 20 miles away and we have excellent train links for travel across the United Kingdom. Manchester and Liverpool are both within easy reach for airport access to travel internationally.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- CCT in Geriatric medicine and General Internal Medicine. Entry on the Specialist Register or eligible for inclusion within 6 months of the interview date for the post.
Teaching & Training Essential
- Broad exposure to general medicine, Care of the Elderly medicine.
- Experience teaching undergraduates and postgraduates.
Research/audit/ publications Essential
- Teaching the Teachers or similar course
- Ability to supervise audit projects.
- Demonstration of participation in audit.
- Understanding of the principles of audit/research.
- Publications in Care of the Elderly.
- Certificate of Good Clinical Practice in research.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the specialty
Personal Skills Essential
- Membership of appropriate societies.
Employer details Employer name
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Ability to take the role of team leader
- Possess good organisational and teaching skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Whinney Heys Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.