Are you a trainee who has come to the end of core training or wanting to step away from training? An established SAS Doctor looking for your next challenge ?
Why Leeds and York Partnerships NHS Trust?
LYPFT value and recognise the contribution of our SAS doctors as senior clinicians and are committed to supporting SAS career development in all areas of the Trust. We have implemented the SAS charter and are finalising the roll out of the 2020 SAS contract. We have a designated SAS Tutor, SAS Advocate and SAS Appraisal lead and a track record of SAS Drs holding senior leadership positions both locally and nationally.
Main duties of the job
Employed as a Specialty Doctor at LYPFT you will benefit from:
- A bespoke SAS CPD training programme
- Access to a study leave budget providing CPD, conferences, workshops and courses.
- You will be able to attend internal weekly educational meetings alongside Consultants and trainees where you can meet Psychiatrists from across the Trust
- Monthly clinical supervision with Consultant Supervisor
- Support to pass the MRCPsych exams and to gain Section 12 approval if required
- You will be a member of a peer group and the SAS committee
- 2 protected SPA sessions a week
- Opportunities may arise for emergency on-call work if desirable
- Invitation to annual Medical Leadership Day
Opportunity to apply for Trust medical leadership positions
LYPFT are in the process of agreeing in partnership a revised and increased starting salary for newly appointed consultants which aims to be agreed by September. This post will be in scope for the new consultant salary range once agreed.
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing including:
- Excellent relocation package(if applicable)
- Annual leave entitlement as per the terms and conditions of Consultant contract,
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Wide -range of Health & Wellbeing benefits
This is a 10 PA post plus a 1% category B availability for out of hours on-call duties
We want to understand what flexibility means to you, do you want to work condensed hours? Do you have caring responsibilities? Is there a certain day which you cannot work for personal reasons? Then talk to us.
*subject to conditions.
What you will get:
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Personalised Coaching and Mentoring
- Weekly academic teaching
- Access to NHS Leadership and Development opportunities, including opportunity to become an appraiser and educational / training development opportunities
- Annual Medical Leadership development day
- Generous study leave allowance (averaging 10 days per year and up to 30 days leave over 3 years with a budget of 1000 per annum)
Career and pastoral support from SAS Tutor and SAS Advocate
This post offers a unique opportunity to join the Leeds Adult ADHD service as a Speciality Doctor. You will be part of the senior medical team, offering assessments and treatment to adults with ADHD. You will also be responsible for the training and supervision of allied professionals. The service operates a hybrid model with opportunities for remote working.
As an expanding service you will have the opportunity to contribute to an evolving service model in an interesting area of psychiatry. There are also opportunities for teaching and research.
As an NHS employer we offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages
Relocation package of up to 8,000
We are committed to your development, making the very best of your talent and helping you to achieve your career aspirations.
- MBBS/MBChB or equivalent and GMC registration
- At least 4 years whole time equivalent work as a doctor of which 2 are in psychiatry
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
team working skills
- Evidence of experience working within an MDT