An exciting opportunity has arisen for a specialty doctor post in Urology working with a supportive and friendly team
The post includes on call, assisting in theatre and supporting clinicians in clinic. Day to day work will cover outpatient, elective & emergency aspects of the service.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team.
The post, including on call commitment, would cover clinical duties across our sites.
The post holder will be expected to support the Urology services offered by the Trust and provide the highest quality of care to the local population.
The post holder will be supported by our Consultants and our urology specialist nurse practitioners with ward support provided by the Matron's.
The post holder will be supported to take part in medical audits and in continuing medical education, (including self-development and maintaining accreditation).
There is a requirement for regular appraisal to be undertaken by the lead responsible for these services.
We operate from three main hospitals-Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community healthcare premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading.
You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our websitehttps://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/
Essential / Desirable
- Full GMC Registration with a licence to practice MRCS or evidence of working towards MRCS or an equivalent appropriate higher surgical qualification
- Significant experience in General Urology (minimum of 1 year). Evidence of achievement of Foundation competencies by time of appointment in line with GMC standards in Good Medical Practice including: good clinical care maintaining good medical practice good relationships and communication with patients good working relationships with colleagues good teaching and training professional behaviour and probity delivery of good acute clinical care
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary environment Well-developed communication skills Experience of supervising junior medical staff. Evidence of leadership skills
- Basic Surgical training Attendance at appropriate training courses PERSON SPECIFICATION A great place to be cared for a great place to work V070214 All Posts Research and development Evidence of completion of audits. Understanding of research methodology and ethics
- FRCS (Urol) or FEBU
- Experience of Urology at specialty doctor or registrar level Able to perform flexible cystoscopy and TRUS biopsies unsupervised Able to perform scrotal exploration unsupervised. Able to perform an insertion of JJ stent unsupervised