We are pleased to invite applications for a substantive full time Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Consultant post with an interest in orthognathic surgery and skin cancer surgery, presenting an opportunity to join the team at ULHT. A team committed to providing high quality services to the population of the rural county of Lincolnshire.
Oral Surgery within the department is provided by Associate Specialist staff and provides training for Dental Core Trainees. There is a local i-MOS service providing minor oral surgery in primary care and a managed clinical network. Main duties of the job
This position is for a substantive full-time Consultant to support our current consultants, associate specialists, specialty doctors and dental core trainees Trustwide with clinics, theatres and minor oral surgery lists. The team currently provide orthognathic surgery, maxillofacial trauma surgery, skin cancer surgery and a dento-alveolar service. The on-call hub is currently at Queens Medical Centre Hospital, Nottingham on a one in eight rota for accredited applicants. Base:
Boston with support for Trustwide service. About us
Pilgrim Hospital is situated in beautiful countryside and serves the communities in the South Lincolnshire area. It provides all major specialties and a 24-hour major accident and emergency service.
Grantham and District Hospital serves the communities of Grantham and the local area. It provides ambulatory paediatric and accident and emergency services.
Lincoln Hospital is a thriving university city and with the opening of the new medical school, It provides all major specialties and a 24-hour major accident and emergency service.
Our Board have recently agreed a new vision statement - Outstanding Care Personally Delivered - stating their ambition for our Trust to be among the best.
We also have a five year Integrated Improvement Plan setting out how we will achieve our strategic objectives, for patients, services, people and partners, the last recognising that our future success depends on our ability to ensure the Lincolnshire healthcare system is successful in achieving its ambition to help people live healthier lives and provide care closer to where people live.
This is in recognition of the huge amount of work that our amazing staff have done to improve the quality of care for our patients in recent years. Job description Job responsibilities
Have a look at the job description and if you like what you see then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. Your NHS needs you!Person Specification Qualifications/Clinical Skills Essential
Special Knowledge/abilities and/or experience Essential
- Full GMC registration
- FRCS or equivalent
- An appropriate higher surgical qualification
- Extensive experience in skin cancer surgery
- Ability to teach trainees
- Enthusiasm to assist in development of OMFS Services
Interests and motivation to the job Essential
- Training in skin cancer management
- Familiarity with issues of service, organisations and development
- Some knowledge of the utilisation of IT in clinical practice
- To maintain own education to a minimum standard set by the Royal College of Surgeons
- Personal integrity and reliability Committed to continual learning Flexible, resilient and able to cope with pressure.
- Relates effectively with professional colleagues at all times
Academic achievement Essential
- Ability to consolidate and organise change
- Knowledge of the implementation of Clinical Governance within the Directorate
- Desire to further develop the post and the service provided
- Ability to innovate and develop new technology and methods as expected of a teaching hospital Consultant
Desirable Other skills Essential
- Publications in peer review journals Related training and research interests
- Clear, fluent and articulate in verbal and written presentation.
- Ability to teach and work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of and commitment to medical audit
- Experience of and commitment to teaching undergraduates and postgraduates
- Understanding of the needs of Trainees
- Willingness to work as a member of the team and to share administrative responsibilities
- Understanding of the principles of Clinical Governance
Employer details Employer name
- Willingness to organise relevant audit activities
- Willingness to develop new approaches to teaching
- IT Skills
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.