Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) is delighted to advertise a 12 months fixed term locum Consultant Radiologist with a specialist interest in Thoracic/Cardiothoracic imaging to join our existing motivated and dynamic team across this large, developing and aspirational Trust. The posts are within the Adults' Radiology Directorate within the Division of Imaging and have been funded through the recent Community Diagnostic Centre Programme based on the Withington campus.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of 51 Consultant Radiologists in Adults' Radiology providing a full range of imaging services to the local population and tertiary level services across Greater Manchester and beyond. Adults' Radiology is the largest department within the Division of Imaging, and our Consultant team provides a full range of general and specialist imaging for Adult patients across our 3 Acute and 2 non-acute hospital sites.
Main duties of the job
The specialist duties of the post are to support the wide-ranging flagship thoracic services at Manchester University Foundation Trust (MFT). The successful applicant will be expected to work with our respiratory and cardiac services across all our major sites including Manchester Royal Infirmary, Wythenshawe, and North Manchester General Hospital.
MFT is the regional thoracic hub and offers a wide range of regional thoracic services including:
- Regional Mesothelioma and ILD services
- Heart and Lung Transplant Centre
- National Aspergillus Centre
- Lung Health Check Programmes offering a community-based screening service to North Manchester and Tameside patients to detect early lung cancer.
- Regional biopsy service
- Thoracic surgical services
- Regional ECMO and cardiac services
MFT has established the award-winning thoracic oncology 'Rapid' pathway across delivering a hot CT reporting service to patients suspected of lung cancer. The Wythenshawe site also offers a regional biopsy service to support the region's surgical/oncology pathways. The Trusts supports complex thoracic work throughout the conurbation and beyond.
Recently the Trust has been in collaboration with GM cancer services to develop a pilot AI CXR project to improve the front end of the diagnostic lung cancer pathway and is due to launch imminently.
Acute & On-Call Radiology
This comes with 1PA of general Acute and 0.5 PA of On-call.
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of 2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination.
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!
- Full GMC Registration OR eligibility for full registration, with specialist registration for Radiology (inc within 6 months of CCT)
- Medical Degree (MBChB or equivalent)
- Fellowship of the Royall College of Radiologist OR International Equivalent
- Other higher degree or diploma
- Evidence of training in core radiology (UK CCT or equivalent)
- Evidence of subspecialty training in Thoracic & /or Cardiothoracic imaging
- Fellowship in thoracic and/or cardiothoracic imaging
Clinical and Technical Skills
- Wide experience of all aspects of diagnostic Thoracic & /or Cardiothoracic imaging including CT & MRI
- Experience of Thoracic Intervention
- Extensive thoracic & /or cardiac imaging experience (e.g. involvement in tertiary centre services, complex MDTs etc)
- Excellent team working skills
- Fluent English speaker
- Evidence of audit participation and service quality improvement projects
- Knowledge of research design, protocols and desire to be involved with research projects
- Highly motivated with an appetite to lead and make changes to services
- Ability to work well with the radiology team and within the multidisciplinary team
- Self-motivated and good problem-solving abilities
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.