The advertised post is for a locum consultant in Dermatology at the Royal London Hospital, part of Bart's Health NHS Trust.
This vacancy is due to two consultants' parents leave and the PAs available from both roles are available to be distributed to multiple candidates.
The successful candidate(s) will also join sixteen existing consultants, five specialist registrars and two clinical fellows in delivering a broad range of Dermatology services as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will have a commitment to be available for their allocated programmed activities each week, up to 11 depending on appointment. The post holder will be expected to contribute to the delivery of registrar as well as specialist nurse supervision. The post holder will be expected to contribute to the active dermatology research department and clinical trials unit. There is no on call requirement.
The post holder will be required to contribute to the delivery of general services, specialist services and skin cancer services within dermatology at Bart's Health NHS trust and as part of that, provide supervision to the other clinical staff working in the department. The post holder will need to demonstrate professional excellence and the ability to deliver effective care. They will need to demonstrate experience in management and leadership. They will need to agree levels of activity and throughput with the Clinical Lead and undertake annual appraisal and job planning as per Trust policy with revalidation on a 5-year cycle.
Our group of hospitals provide a huge range of clinical services to people in east London and beyond.
We operate from four major hospital sites (The Royal London, St Bartholomew's, Whipps Cross and Newham) and a number of community locations, including Mile End hospital. Around 2.5 million people living in east London look to our services to provide them with the healthcare they need.
The Royal London in Whitechapel is a major teaching hospital providing local and specialist services in state-of-the-art facilities. Whipps Cross in Leytonstone is a large general hospital with a range of local services. Newham in Plaistow is a busy district hospital with innovative facilities such as its orthopaedic centre. Mile End hospital is a shared facility in Mile End for a range of inpatient, rehabilitation, mental health and community services. And St Bartholomew's in the City, London's oldest hospital, is a regional and national centre of excellence for cardiac and cancer care.
To contribute to the provision of a comprehensive and efficient Dermatology service. This will include undertaking outpatient sessions, minor operation sessions, supervision of day treatment, managing inpatients with dermatology problems, and seeing patients on referral from other departments of the Trust.
Have responsibility for the care of patients in their charge, including all administrative duties associated with patient care
To have regard at all times to the clinical and quality standards set out within the service group and Trust guidelines
To liaise effectively and on a timely basis with colleagues within the department, other clinical specialties within the Trust, General Practitioners, community services, and all healthcare agencies
To maintain and promote team and multi-disciplinary work, working closely and regularly with the consultant medical staff and associated professionals
To provide cover for annual and study leave for colleagues so far as is practicable
- MBBS (or equivalent)
- MRCP (or equivalent)
- Eligible for full GMC Registration
- On GMC Specialist Register in Dermatology or within 6 months of attainment of CCT
- NB: Non UK trained doctors must be on the GMC register and specialist register Dermatology or within six months of attaining CESR at interview stage.
- Inpatient care for those who require inpatient treatment
- Comprehensive clinical training in General Medical conditions, General Dermatology diagnostic and treatment procedures
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary clinics
- Dermatological procedures and surgery
- Comprehensive knowledge of general and some specialist Dermatology areas
- Evidence of conducting and presenting clinical audit projects, attendance of departmental meetings and post-graduate activities and management meetings
- Track record of delivering clinical improvement projects
- Experience of teaching medical undergraduates Understanding / knowledge of Research ethics
- Attainment of MD or equivalent higher degrees
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.