In conjunction with colleagues, to provide a service in all facets of Diagnostic Radiology, with particular reference to breast imaging. The appointed candidate will be expected to supervise junior trainees in their first and second year of Radiology training and provide supervision and advice to radiographers, sonographers and other colleagues as appropriate. The candidate will follow a mutually agreed job plan made of 10 PAs with up to a maximum of 2 PAs for professional development (to be negotiated according to training and service requirements of the department) which will include teaching, audit and research activities, personal CPD other relevant activities.
Main duties of the job
- The appointed candidates will have programmed sessions of supervised learning in Radiology mainly cross-sectional work in body imaging with special emphasis in Breast Radiology. He/she will have access to learning tools that the Trust provides to all employees. Fellows will attend appropriate clinico-radiology and multi-disciplinary team meetings and be supported in obtaining any specialist reporting skills that they may wish to acquire and which will complement the delivery of imaging services of the department.
The selected candidates will participate in the out of hours radiology services delivery at specialist registrar level.
The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust is one of the largest NHS trusts in the West Midlands providing primary, acute and community services and we are incredibly proud of the diversity of both our staff and the communities we serve. We are building a workforce that can help us to fulfil our values, improve the quality of care for patients, and solve the health care problems of tomorrow. We're passionate about the value that diversity of thinking and lived experience brings in enabling us to become a learning organisation and leader in delivering compassionate care for our patients.
We are delighted that we have been rated as Good by CQC. We have achieved numerous awards The Nursing Times Best Diversity and Inclusion Practice and Best UK Employer of the Year for Nursing Staff in 2020.
The Trust is a supportive working environment committed to creating flexible working arrangements that suit your needs and as such will consider all requests from applicants who wish to work flexibly.
Please see attached job description for full details about this pots. Please ensure you are compliant with the requirements of the job before applying.
- Experience with breast imaging
- 2+ years experience in breast imaging
- Experience with breast biopsies
- 2 years experience with interventional breast procedures
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.